Role Profile Assistant Machine Operator II
Reports to (Title) Process Engineer
Business Unit Manufacturing
TemperPack is a rapidly growing company based in Richmond, Virginia and Las Vegas, Nevada. We design and manufacture innovative, sustainable packaging components for cold-chain shipping of food and pharmaceutical products. The markets we serve have an urgent need for disruptive, sustainable alternatives to replace the wide array of non-sustainable packaging materials conventionally used in the cold-chain, such as Styrofoam coolers. Our aspiration is to provide packaging solutions that customers and end-consumers feel great about using.
We are seeking an Assistant Machine Operator II to join a core TemperPack team and assist shift leadership and engineers in changing the world one package at a time. The incumbent will have a hands-on role in operating equipment, loading, unloading and staging raw materials and finished product while giving functional direction to a small group of line workers. This position reports to the Production Supervisor or Junior Process Engineer, and is based in Las Vegas, Nevada. Compensation and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience level.
Essential Job Functions:
- Give functional direction to a small group of line workers while operating the creasing, slitting and guillotine section of the panel line and related processes while producing material that meets specifications.
- Give functional direction to a small group of line workers while loading, unloading and staging raw materials and finished product.
- Work with the shift leadership or engineer to demonstrate proper techniques and adherence to safety rules including executing a controlled panel line stop in the event of a machine jam.
- Work alongside shift leadership or engineer to tear down, clean and reassemble the extruder following either a normal or an emergency stop.
- Assisting the Process Engineer or Mechanic in re-assembling and reinserting extruder parts.
- Maintain area housekeeping and equipment condition as needed to ensure equipment runs safely such as cleaning start up waste on the extruder, clearing jams on the panel line and cleaning blades and rolls.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- For safety purposes, must be able to verbally communicate and understand English.
- Ability to work rotating shifts as well as overtime when scheduled.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others and as part of a team.
- Ability to wear PPEs such as, but not limited to, safety glasses, ear plugs, closed toed shoes and overalls for extended periods.
- Ability to cooperate with other team members and to contribute positively to an engaging and positive work environment.
- Ability to use basic hand tools such as a wrench, screwdriver and scraper.
- Ability to use basic power tools such as a drill or driver.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds unassisted.
- Ability to communicate effectively with line operators as well as employees not only in manufacturing services, but operations.
- 1 year of manufacturing experience required.
- 1 year of team lead experience required.
- Material handling or quality assurance experience preferred.
Education and Certifications:
- High School degree or GED.