Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it's second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
Manages the accounting activities for processing plant operations in accordance with GAAP and Corporate accounting policies including timely and accurate financial reporting, operations analysis and assists with planning process and audit plan.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Develops and maintains proper accounting procedures and controls for the designated processing plant(s) in accordance with GAAP and Company accounting policies and complete the annual audit plan requirements
2. In accordance with the Company accounting calendar, assist in preparation of monthly closing activities for assigned areas of responsibility. Duties to include inventory control, operations reporting, and analysis.
3. Prepares supporting information for weekly profit estimates and operating statistics as required. This includes preparation of daily, weekly and monthly reconciliation for production, consumption, purchases and WIP inventory. The reconciliation process will require reconciliation of physical paperwork to SAP
4. Participates in preparation of supporting documents for annual plan and forecasts.
5. Key daily production information from plant paperwork and prepare various scorecards and reports utilizing Microsoft Access and Excel.
6. Research variances to standard/trends, and create reports to explain the variances. Provide support on various adhoc projects.
7. Prepare monthly submittals of plant information to Agristats.
Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline.
0 - 3 years experience. Must have strong cost systems background; excellent analytical skills and sound understanding of accounting principles; strong computer skills in Microsoft Office, i.e., Excel, Word and Outlook; strong oral and written communications skills. Knowledge of GAAP and an understanding of accounting/financial systems and software applications.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.