Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it's second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
Must be able to learn the safe operation, routine maintenance, and lubrication schedule for primary production/warehouse equipment. Need to understand shop maintenance, parts inventory, parts ordering, and plant reporting systems. Assist in maintaining the plant esthetics. Gain working knowledge of the P.M. programs. Obtains or maintains a license to operate a lift truck. Perform routine safety and maintenance functions on lift trucks. Learns use of hand and shop tools; develops clear understanding of safety requirements. Learns routine equipment adjustments and maintenance procedures for primary production and warehouse equipment under the direction of a qualified technician. Learns the role of maintenance as it contributes to facility goals for safety, sanitation, cost, quality, production and customer service.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Reads, interprets and understands manufacturers' equipment manuals, preventative (PM) task sheets and safety policies. Performs equipment adjustments and repairs, preventative maintenance and emergency breakdowns. Performs specific duties during both production and non-production hours in a timely manner with OSHA Lockout/Tagout and Company safety regulations. Monitors performance of equipment and informs maintenance and production supervisors of potential problems. Maintains log books by applying math skills through the equipment PM stages in order to calibrate machinery to performance standards. Provides "hands on" training and direction to lower level mechanics and techs in properly servicing, repairing and maintaining the equipment operated by the Company.
High School or equivalent
2 - 4 years. Reading, writing and analytical skills are required. Must have all personal tools at all times and be able to use and operate hand tools and industrial shop equipment.
- Reading, writing, and math skills required.
- Must have demonstrated in their current and/or previous work experience, a possession of good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be physically able to perform a variety of tasks under adverse conditions safely.
- Must know and follow facility policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work any and all shifts and overtime.
- Must be able to pass a Basic Mechanical/Electrical Aptitude Evaluation given by a Maintenance Supervisor.
- Must be able to read drawings (ex. blue prints)
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation as specified in the job description available in Human Resources.
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
1. Position is active. On the plant floor activities such as troubleshooting and re-design of existing systems are routine. 2. May need to move equipment occasionally. 3. May need to access files, supplies and equipment. 4. Position requires an associate to have the ability to move throughout the complex and all facilities. .5. When in a plant environment: Exposure primarily consists of wet and moist floors which include metal and plastic grating surfaces. May be exposed to temperatures of 28 degrees to 100 degrees Fahrenheit with both ambient and 100% humidity. May handle product 25 degrees to 50 degrees Fahrenheit. May be exposed to noise ranges of 50 db to 110 db. May be exposed to all chemicals used in poultry, food, processing facility. Must wear and use protective and safety equipment required for the job as directed by the Company.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.