We are looking for industrial athletes to join our amazing warehouse team! As a warehouse associate, you’ll get to make a difference in a fast-paced, automated distribution center. Join us - You’ll be proud to work for a successful, stable, growing Fortune 135 Company that is 100% committed to the safety of its Associates, helps families live lives better, and serves our communities in this time of need.
Safely and efficiently handle the movement of merchandise using powered equipment in order to maintain a consistent workflow and service to stores. Equipment Drivers must operate in a safe, timely and cost effective manner using Radio Frequency (RF) devices or Personal Data Assistant (PDA) units as applicable. Equipment to be operated on may include one or more of the following:
- high reach lift
- stand up forklift
- electric pallet jack
- cherry picker
- electric double jack
Experience with powered industrial trucks (PIT) preferred, but all hires will receive on-site training and certification regardless of prior experience or certifications.
Salary: $15/hour to start with additional .60/hour for 2nd shift and .85/hour for 3rd shift. This is a temporary position with the opportunity, based on your performance, to be offered a permanent career position with additional earnings and benefits.
Schedule: Three shift schedules are available:
1st shift: Monday - Friday 6:00am to 2:30pm
2nd shift: Monday - Friday 2:00pm to 10:30pm
3rd shift: Sunday - Thursday 10:00pm to 6:30am
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Completes the daily safety checklist to ensure equipment is working properly and reports any defects to management and/or maintenance.
- Operates equipment in a safe manner and wears necessary personal protective equipment.
- Achieves set standards (engineered or productivity) on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Transports labeled freight from the dock to its assigned place for storage or shipment and completes the Daily Activity Log in order to track individual productivity.
- Replenishes the modules with correct freight that is free of damage in order to maintain quality standards while leveraging technology to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Assists in maintaining the workflow with the modules by removing empty pallets from pallet return slots as needed to adhere to housekeeping and safety standards.
- Ensures all freight staged on the floor is placed in the correct slot location to ensure slots are replenished with adequate merchandise.
- Reports all discrepancies concerning merchandise in the wrong slot, slot overflow, license number not on file, etc., to the proper personnel in order to maintain inventory standards and improve quality and productivity standards.
- Ensures merchandise is placed in the correct slot location by properly scanning each pallet license.
- Alerts Management of damaged racks, pallets, freight and/or spills.
- Follows set safety procedures and guidelines to maximize personal safety.
- Maintains an organized work area and promotes a safe working environment within the Receiving department.
- Follows all Company policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
Associate will perform shift work and must be willing to work overtime, weekends and/or holidays. Associate will work in a non-climate controlled Distribution or Warehouse atmosphere, in which outside weather conditions greatly affect the building’s temperature although fans and heaters are used. Associate may also be exposed to or work in a restricted space, fumes and airborne particles, as regulated by OSHA. Associate must be able to operate all types of Powered Industrial Trucks (PIT) equipment. Associate will be required to use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) per Distribution Center requirements.
Experience: At least one year of experience working in a warehouse environment preferred. Familiarity with distribution center processes and workflow preferred. Three to six months experience operating PIT is preferred.
Essential functions: Associates must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation. These tasks require the ability to frequently lift and move up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds. The Associate must be able to perform frequent lifting, twisting, walking, standing, moderate climbing, occasional sitting, stooping and kneeling with or without reasonable accommodation. The Associate must be able to be fully aware of his/her surroundings at all times and to safely operate equipment in a distribution center environment. Associate must also be able to work safely at heights of up to 50 feet in the air.
Computer Skills: Limited use of Radio Frequency (RF) devices or Personal Data Assistant (PDA) units as applicable.