Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it's second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
The main purpose of the positions is to unload, inspect, count, compare and place incoming material. Off load drop trailers as needed to insure material for plant operations. To assist associates as required in locating needed material. To maintain all storage areas where packaging material is stored and/or handled and kept in neat in sanitary condition, meeting USDA, QA and Food Safety requirements in order to pass all audits. To assist as needed in inventory activity.
This is a Night Shift position.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Must have knowledge of supplies, policies, and procedures of boxroom receiving, issues, and inventory.
- Ability to operate PIT and/or hand jack, in order to move material and unload trucks as needed
- Maintain necessary logs for accurate inventory reporting in SAP system, noting discrepancies and empty trailers. Handle paperwork as required for documenting movement of material and exceptions.
- Keep boxroom and warehouse clean and neat.
- High School or equivalent not required but beneficial.
- Worked a minimum of 6 months of consecutive work history with one employer within the past 3 years.
- Experience in poultry processing/manufacturing environment preferred. Associate should be self-motivated and able to work unsupervised.
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
When in a plant environment:
Exposure primarily consists of wet and moist floors which include metal and plastic grating surfaces.
May be exposed to temperatures of 28 degrees to 100 degrees Fahrenheit with both ambient and 100% humidity.
May handle product 25 degrees to 50 degrees Fahrenheit.
May be exposed to noise ranges of 50 db to 110 db.
May be exposed to dust, feathers and all chemicals used in poultry, food, processing facility.
Must wear and use protective and safety equipment required for the job as directed by the Company.
Occasional exposure to carbon dioxide vapors 10ppm and chlorine less than 20 ppm.
Able to stand for several hours.
Work may include lifting (up to 50 lbs), reaching, bending, pushing boxes on conveyor assembly.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.