Awesome Opportunity – Litigation Paralegal Assistant in the HUGE TECH SPACE! Misdemeanor backgrounds OK- INQUIRE NOW THIS POSITION WILL GO FAST!!
***READ THOUGH THIS ENTIRE JOB DESCRIPTION AND IF QUALIFIED FILL OUT THE ASSESSMENT HERE: https://www.ondemandassessment.com/link/index/JB-RVMV04QLO?u=158585 ***
- This candidate will assist the Employment Legal team with processing unemployment claims.
- Required Skills: Excel; comfortable with navigating electronic databases; creating desktop folders, pdfs; drafting correspondence using form templates; matter intake; ability to work independently; ability to follow complex work flows to determine which form response to use; high volume, fast paced environment.
Establish and maintain confidential files and record keeping systems; process documents; maintain and update legal library and other manuals and resource materials; maintain and update litigation files.
Manage day-to-day claim deadlines.
Draft routine correspondence, run redlines comparing document versions, and assist in special projects, including document collection.
Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Box, and Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides.
Adept at creating and executing searches across vast repositories of data; you’ve got a strong understanding of how database searches work and are agile enough to put that to use on unfamiliar systems and platforms.
Highly motivated, efficient, organized, and laser-focused on the details; able to juggle multiple projects at a time in a fast-paced environment, both collaborating as a team to stay in sync and working independently to get the job done.
Calm in deadline-driven and high-pressure situations; self-reliant and able to prioritize workload.
Strong written/verbal communication; outstanding grammar, proofreading, English composition, spelling, and editing skills.
Obsession with details. Slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away on, and solving problems.
Self-Motivation. Has hustle, superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks. Doesn't get easily overwhelmed.
A creative, entrepreneurial, and hard-working team player willing to pitch in on all projects -- no matter how small or big.
Excellent business judgment and interpersonal skills (outgoing, down-to-earth, and with a good sense of humor)
Enthusiastic about Tech and once you meet our client you will be!
Overflow – big workload, lots of paperwork
- High pace role – 100 + claims processed a week
- Working with a lot of paperwork and mail
- Unemployment claims - Hearings, Determinations and Claims
- Administrative/clerical work – opening mail, sorting, scan, rename files.
- Microsoft word
- Attention to detail
- Computer skills
- Hard working
- Detail oriented
- Consistent – role is repetitive
- High school degree at least or in college/college grad would be nice
- Fast-paced, fast learner, not easily distracted, strong work ethic
- Phone screen with Wendy
- Written Exercise 24 hours to complete
- In person with Wendy, Michael and possibly Lara
B.A./B.S. or paralegal certificate
- Excel: Filtering, data tracking, re-formatting, converting files, must know the difference between CSV and XLS, saving files, understands what a naming convention is for files.
- Computer Skills: Creating a folder, creating a subfolder, saving web pages to PDF, editing PDFs (preferably with Adobe), extracting files, compressing a folder to Zip file