Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into its second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
The Senior Systems Analyst - Procurement position is key role that will work on Strategic Enterprise Roadmap projects. This person is responsible to develop overall design and execution of Supply Chain business processes, including logistics, transportation, materials management, demand/supply planning, and quality management. The role will define business process design spanning SAP ERP and legacy systems and will lead and/or influence project delivery teams to execute that design in the projects that make up the IT strategic project roadmap. In addition, the role will be responsible to complete SAP configuration to meet the design criteria for strategic projects. The role will also have responsibility to research, consult and train Perdue Internal SAP configuration developers on SAP capabilities and solutions. The role will support the following projects on the 3 year strategic roadmap:
- Continuation SAP Purchasing EDI Program – Support the rollout of EDI (POs, invoices, etc..) with Perdue’s major vendors.
- Product Lifecycle Management – responsible to support the design and configuration to convert existing excel based formulation/recipes to SAP PLM Recipe Development. Project will also convert Optiva specification system to SAP PLM The role will also have responsibility to research, consult and train Perdue Internal SAP configuration developers on SAP capabilities and solutions.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Understand business goals and requirements associated with IT strategic roadmap
- Research and propose SAP system solutions to realize business goals for strategic projects in subject area
- Responsible to determine system solutions to achieve goals of the IT strategic roadmap in subject area
- Responsible to formulate and deliver an enterprise level functional design for all SAP and legacy systems in respective area
- Participate in Pre-Planning, Blueprinting, Realization, Final Preparation and Go-Live/Support phases of IT Strategic Roadmap projects assigned.
- Assist and evaluate business requirements to hypothesize SAP centric business solutions
- Research solutions and develop beta or pilot test configuration of proposed solutions
- Demonstrate beta or pilot test configurations to IT and/or business personnel to influence final design selection
- Complete SAP configuration to meet the design criteria for strategic projects in respective area
- Coach and assist SAP Project delivery teams to fully develop configuration of final solution
- Evaluate system solution design proposals from other Perdue personnel and contractors
- Assist and support the project teams to complete projects successfully
- Provide advanced level SAP ERP system configuration training to internal resources
- Responsible to provide Level 2 & 3 system maintenance support for subject area.
- Bachelors Degree in Information Technology, Engineering, or related discipline. Masters Degree is a plus.
- 8 Years minimum experience with SAP ERP systems
- SAP business process and IMG configuration experience in the following specific SAP module areas: MM – Materials Management, PM – Plant Maintenance, PP – Production Planning, QM – Quality Management
- Minimum of four, full project lifecycle implementations of SAP ERP systems with concentration in subject module
- Extensive configuration experience in the following other SAP module areas is a plus: WM – Warehouse Management, CO – Product Costing, QM - Quality Management, PLM – Product Lifecycle Management, APO – Advanced Planning & Optimization
- Experience in defining and implementing SAP ERP solutions for process manufacturing companies around Production Planning processes, Material Replenishment Planning (MRP) processes, Inventory and Warehouse Management, and Material Movements
- Experienced in Master Data requirements for subject SAP module, including legacy system data conversions
- Experienced in SAP ERP and/or Business Warehouse reporting and analytics for subject SAP modules
- Experienced in SAP Business Objects Business Intelligence tools
- Experienced in Security requirements for subject SAP modules
- Experienced in Organizational Change Management requirements for subject SAP modules including creation and delivery of training materials
- Experienced in Microsoft Office Suite including creation of Excel spreadsheets, and MS Power Point presentations
- Experienced in Microsoft Project including creation of resourced project schedules with understanding of critical path planning
- Strong systems solution and systems architecture skills
- Strong understanding of manufacturing business procedures
- Strong business and technical leadership and facilitation skills
- Experienced in SAP MII platform access and interfacing to SAP business processes is a plus.
- Working knowledge of SAP Solution manager and HP Quality Management Suite is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Clarizen is a plus.
- Working knowledge of JDA for Demand and Supply Planning and is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Plant Maintenance applications (Maximo) is a plus.
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
Position is mostly sedentary but may require occasional moving to other offices or buildings. May need to move light equipment or supplies from one place to another. May need to access files, supplies and equipment. Work activity is in an office, open-partitioned, cubicle environment.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.