Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it's second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
The National Account Manager for the Southeast Region of our Premium Prepared Foods team will beresponsible for managing the Premium Prepared business in the mid-Atlantic region. This Sales leader will build and execute the annual plan delivering vs. volume, revenue and share goals at Safeway Eastern, Giant Landover, Lowes, Ingles, MDI, KVAT and the Military commissaries. Responsibilities will include broker management, promotional planning and use of fact based selling to manage business and sell in new item initiatives and product assortment gaps. Product lines will include fresh prepared, frozen prepared, prepared deli and turkey. This manager is the "top to top" contact and communicator between the Company and the accounts for which he/she is responsible.
The ideal candidate will be based in the Mid Atlantic are, specifically in Baltimore or D.C. Consideration of candidates in the Atlanta region will be reviewed.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Develop and implement sales plan with all accounts. Attains all budgeted product line volumes, price, mix and share levels. Prepares and presents business reviews and new items. Monitors daily, weekly, quarterly and YTD relevant customer metrics.
2. Collaborate with trade planning in building promotional plan and executing promotional plan at each account.
3. Work with and managing brokers to execute account plans, merchandising, assortments, and shelving opportunities .
4. Develop strong customer wiring & relationship building.
5. Work cross-functionally with internal partners for optimal outcomes for both the Company and the customer.
6. Utilize fact based selling to manage categories and execute new item launch and gap filling.
7. Travel, as needed, to store and headquarter locations to stay well-informed of the marketplace, help support items and/or resolve issues.
8. Continuously improves skills by participating in classes and seminars as deemed necessary in the developmental plan.
Bachelor’s degree in the areas of Sales, Marketing or Business Administration plus 8-10 years of related work experience. Requires strong reading, writing, communication and analytical skills. Must have a prior supervisory/management experience. Must be able to communicate effectively with customers and suppliers. Must be able to travel to account headquarters, plant facilities, innovation center and market areas to include overnight travel. Should anticipate spending 30% of their time in travel.
Management experience required preferable in the food or food sales areas.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.