Who We Are
RB is the world's leading consumer health and hygiene company, We work with the best people to challenge conventional thinking and keep giving people innovative solutions for healthier lives and happier homes, through our brands like Nurofen, Strepsils, Mucinex, Dettol, Lysol, Finish and Vanish.
A fantastic opportunity is available for a Packaging Operator – Weekend- PM Shift (7:15pm to 7:30am) *weekend premium eligible- starting at: *$18.78 (can be higher based on experience) to join our Belle Mead Manufacturing team.
A ‘snapshot’ of what we offer:
- Tuition reimbursement
- 4 weeks’ vacation, 12 holidays, competitive salaries & bonuses,
- 16 weeks paid maternity leave
The Packaging Operator is responsible for providing the Technical and Operational Skills needed to deliver world class results in the key areas of Line Efficiencies, Quality, and Cost while meeting our high standards of Safety, Customer Service, and Teamwork.
This position is responsible for:
- Operation of Packaging Line and related equipment including startup, clearing jams, manual operations and shutdown.
- Assists in changeovers, wash outs and preventative maintenance.
- Performs minor troubleshooting and adjustments to maximize run time.
- Use of computers for data entry and reporting purposes.
- Achieves required OEE levels on assigned Packaging Line(s).
- Follows all applicable waste, scrap reduction and recycling guidelines.
- For future promotional opportunities, technical, mechanical, and/or electrical experience operating and maintaining line equipment will be needed.
o Understands and is accountable for full compliance with RB local and Global EHS Policies and programs (i.e., PPE, HAZCOM, Lockout Tag Out, process safety, etc.)
o Participation in EHS programs (i.e., Behavior Safety Observations, near miss reporting, etc.)
o Timely completion of all EHS training
o Accurate and timely completion of Inspections, reports and forms required to comply with EHS rules and regulations
o Where required, additional EHS training such as Hazardous Waste and/or HAZWOPER. Training will be provided in order for the employee to fulfill the requirement of his/her position.
o Participate when needed in EHS internal/external audits and/or regulatory inspections
o Active participation during incident investigations and promoting all safety activities/events
o Understands and is accountable for following: all Quality, GMP, and cleaning standards and guidelines.
o Follows current work instruction and ensures adherence to the Quality Control Plan and related Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
o Performs Statistical Process Control Charting and takes appropriate corrective action
o Performs and practices good Housekeeping.TEAMWORK:
o Trains new Operators and Temps as needed
o Works effectively in a Team based work environment.
- PHYSICAL/ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS & CONDITIONS
o Frequent lifting of tools and equipment up to 50lbs. is required.
o Frequent reaching, bending, twisting, turning in performance of duties.
o Walking, standing and climbing stairs and crossovers are common.
o Work is indoors and temperatures are seasonably normal for factory/production operations.
o Proper use of PPE is always required.
Is This You?
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- 1+ years of relevant work experience in a team based manufacturing environment; on high speed packaging equipment preferred
- Demonstrated competency in attention to detail, accuracy, work standards, initiative and managing work
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with computers, software, and data processing
Don’t delay your next move & apply today!