Imagine if everyone had a place to go where they were encouraged to embrace their individuality and come as they are. A place fostering an environment that supports human growth and recognizes the value in second chances. This is the kind of place that MOD is committed to creating and maintaining every single day. By creating a culture where individual spirits are celebrated, we believe that our teams will feel empowered and committed to providing that same experience for every single customer that walks through the door.
With more than 400 locations across 28 states and the United Kingdom, MOD is committed to creating a positive social impact within these communities, creating not only an exciting place to eat, but a place where others are inspired to bring about change. We call it Spreading MODness.
The People Business Partner is responsible for performing People-related duties on a professional level and works closely with senior People management in supporting designated geographic regions. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: employee relations, training, performance management, policy implementation, employment law compliance, worker’s compensation and the tracking of People metrics to support business decisions.
- Act as key contact for employees in assigned client groups regarding general People questions, performance management, employee relations issues, and management coaching
- Manage routine to complex employee relations issues on a regular basis. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations and partners with leadership to recommend appropriate action to resolve the issues
- Administer accommodations and worker’s compensation programs and policies for client groups, in accordance with the applicable federal and state employment laws and under the general direction and guidance of People leadership and the legal department.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance; partner with legal department as needed/required
- Collaborate with other areas of HR on the implementation and rollout of plans, programs and policies
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention
- Research, analyze and respond to employee/manager questions and/or issues regarding HR policies and processes
- Help to identify training needs for the business, partner in implementation and participate in evaluation and monitoring of success
- Complete other projects as assigned by the People leadership, or as needs are recognized
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in HR or Business, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant HR generalist/business partner experience in dynamic, fast-paced organizations
- Extensive experience in employee relations, performance management, and federal and state employment laws (ie: EEO, FLSA, ADA, FMLA, HIPPA, OSHA, etc.)
- An understanding and commitment to MOD’s values
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations with tact and diplomacy
- Well organized, plans effectively and prioritizes time according to what matters most
- Dependable and can be counted upon to meet deadlines and commitments
- Strong consulting and communication skills with the ability to influence and negotiate
- Strong interviewing/fact finding and decision making skills
- Strong conflict management skills with demonstrated understanding of interpersonal relationship building
- Proven success at developing strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results
- A positive upbeat personality who focuses on opportunities rather than obstacles
- PHR/SPHR certification a plus
- Demonstrated competence in other human resource disciplines with including compensation, change management, talent management, organizational diagnosis and planning, and diversity is a plus
- Relevant industry experience a plus
- Experience rolling out new programs, systems or policies
Office work involves remaining in a stationary position most of the time in front of a computer, using a keyboard, mouse and telephone. Regularly operate a computer and other office equipment. Occasionally move about the work site to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc. Exert up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or regularly move objects. Communicate and exchange information with co-workers and other individuals in person and electronically.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Want to help us spread MODness? Apply today!
Our largely diverse community of MOD Squaders plays a huge role in making MOD a place that is welcoming to people from all backgrounds and walks of life. It is our mission to build up communities that empower and inspire one another, celebrating our differences and appreciating all that we each have to offer. In this regard, MOD is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. MOD recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates, and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.