Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it's second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
To pick up racks and boxes of eggs from designated Parent Breeder farms on a routine schedule while replacing supplies on farms and delivering eggs to a warehouse or hatchery. Determines and conveys needed repairs and/or preventative maintenance to dispatcher.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Check water, oil and fuel levels daily in the egg truck to see that they are correct. Complete pre/post trip DOT inspection on E Log.
- Supply producers with adequate quantity of clean farm racks and paper case supplies using a lift gate on the back of the truck while following proper biosecurity procedures.
- The ability to push or pull full racks of eggs weighing up to 1200 lbs a distance of 90 feet on a 4% incline onto the lift gate or directly into the truck. Accurately complete an egg ticket and leave a copy on the farm.
- The ability to lift egg boxes weighing up to 60 lbs.
- Must deliver and unload both full racks and cases using above technique at both hatcheries and company warehouses.
- Follow all bio-security procedures and Perdue Safety guidelines.
High school or equivalent
1 - 2 years experience. Current CDL license and certified by company safety department. Reading, writing and analytical skills.
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
Exposed to all weather conditions as well as significant amount of airborne dust, 100% humidity, various chemicals, drugs, vaccines and disinfectants. May have to handle up to 50 lb stacks of checks for up to 12 hours per day. May have to push and pull up to 1200 lbs a distance up to 90 ft. Must be able to lift up to 60 lbs. to a height of 7 ft with a significant amount of bending, twisting and stepping.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.