Imagine if everyone had a place to go where they were encouraged to embrace their individuality and come as they are. A place fostering an environment that supports human growth and recognizes the value in second chances. This is the kind of place that MOD is committed to creating and maintaining every single day. By creating a culture where individual spirits are celebrated, we believe that our teams will feel empowered and committed to providing that same experience for every single customer that walks through the door.
With more than 400 locations across 28 states and the United Kingdom, MOD is committed to creating a positive social impact within these communities, creating not only an exciting place to eat, but a place where others are inspired to bring about change. We call it Spreading MODness.
As the District Manager you will be responsible for supporting and overseeing operations within an assigned district of 6-12 stores, depending on size and volume. Your primary objective is to live, teach and demonstrate the MOD Pizza culture in all interactions, and promote this principle in all MOD Pizza employees.
- Consistently role model a customer-first attitude and exhibit the company’s culture, mission and values through everyday activities and behaviors
- Review store environments and key business indicators to identify problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement; work in collaboration with Store Management Teams on identified factors
- Regularly utilize management information tools and analyze financial reports to identify and address trends and issues in store and district performance
- Troubleshoots problems; promptly answers questions from stores in response to employee assistance, guest feedback and complaints
- Directly supervise vendor relationships (new and existing) to ensure product relevance and cost-efficiency; educate employees in new products, services, programs, etc.
- Participate in the staffing process for store management positions (recruiting, interviewing, hiring and training); regularly monitor and lead district-wide management staffing levels
- Assist in recruiting and hiring for store hourly positions, as needed
- Responsible for New Store Opening duties; staffing, training, and supervising vendors to ensure all supplies are delivered on time
- Prepare, communicate and educate Management Teams and applicable MOD Pizza employees on changes of policies, practices, and standards within the organization
- Responsible for promoting clean and safe working environments; strict adherence to all Safety and Health Department standards
- Create an environment, through personal actions, where ideas can be shared, questions can be asked, and individuals are accountable for their actions
- Recognize and reinforce individual and team accomplishments by using existing organizational tools and programs as well as finding new, creative, and impactful methods of recognition
- Pursue personal development opportunities to enhance ability to contribute to MOD Pizza success in role; act as a role model for others in this area. Seek out and initiate opportunities to strengthen leadership, business management, product knowledge and organizational expertise
Required Skills and Experience:
- Associates degree in Restaurant Management, Food Service Administration, or related field required; Bachelor’s degree preferred or relevant progressive job-related experience leading in high volume multi-unit retail, restaurant or service organization
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid leadership skills; ability to make good decisions and carry out company policies in accordance with applicable regulations and procedures.
- Consistent track record in creative ideas/strategies for cost containment and plan design and implementation of best practices
- Ability to work independently and own the overall operations of multiple stores
- Must be self-motivated and customer service oriented
- Must demonstrate appropriate negotiation, analytical skills, attention to detail, organizational and project management skills
- Must be able to prioritize tasks, work well under pressure, and deal with stressful situations
- Participative management style; use a 'hands-on' approach
- Experience in motivating team members to work together to achieve goals
- Capable of facilitating discussions between individuals with differing perspectives
- Experience confronting performance issues and taking corrective action when necessary, as well as giving rewards and recognition
- Develops a positive, respectful, productive and professional work environment and image
- Basic understanding of State Health, OSHA, EEOC regulations, federal and state employment laws
- PC proficiency in such applications as Outlook, Word and Excel
Multi-store management work involves operating a motor vehicle to manage a field staff within a specific region or route. Regularly and safely perform all functions of operating a motor vehicle, including prolonged sitting. Regularly operate a laptop and mobile phone. Communicate and exchange information with co-workers and other individuals in person or electronically. When filling in occasionally positioning oneself (e.g., stand, walk, stoop, bend, twist, kneel, crouch, push, pull) to move or lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- High noise levels due to operations, customers and overhead music (including, but not limited to, rock, punk, and alternative)
- May be indoor or outdoor setting depending on store (varied weather conditions are expected)
- Will work near moving or mechanical parts
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, and extended hours if business dictates
Want to help us spread MODness? Apply today!
Our largely diverse community of MOD Squaders plays a huge role in making MOD a place that is welcoming to people from all backgrounds and walks of life. It is our mission to build up communities that empower and inspire one another, celebrating our differences and appreciating all that we each have to offer. In this regard, MOD is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. MOD recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates, and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.