Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it's second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
We are actively recruiting for a seasoned Engineering leader to join our Prepared Foods team. The position will be based in Perry, GA. The Director of Engineering of Prepared Foods manages the primary project managers who in turn plan, budget, and implement projects from beginning to end for the expansion of facilities and improvement of production lines throughout the Premium Prepared Foods Division. This individual assists the SVP of Operations, PPF establish their capital budgets and facilitates additional engineering resources as necessary.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Provides a safe, secure and productive work environment for our associates at all PPF sites. Manages all construction sites and contractors in accordance with OSHA guidelines.
2. Selects and trains a strong and motivated technical resource staff to support the PPF division in the mechanical, electrical, industrial, and process engineering effort.
3. Provides the Industrial Engineering Department the support required for, evaluating processes, determining the best process to achieve objective, and implementing changes that improve the division’s bottom-line through reduced labor, reduced waste, and improved quality.
4. Produces and provides projects that are on time and on budget through good Engineering and Industrial Engineering practices that will increase productivity, yield, and quality, while reducing cost of production.
5. Provides guidance to the directors of operations and their management teams in developing solutions and budgets for improving processes, maintaining facilities, and innovative problem solving.
6. Provides guidance to project managers and project engineers. Provides direction and assignments for direct reports. Demonstrates and teaches developing criteria for projects to establish budgets, schedules, and solutions to problems.
7. Trains project managers, project manager trainees, construction managers, construction superintendents, etc. in the proper project management techniques.
Minimum Education and Experience
BS degree, or equivalent related work experience, in Mechanical, Electrical, Agricultural, Civil or Structural Engineering or related discipline plus 12 years related work experience is required.
Our next Director of Engineering must have:
- Technical experience in construction, refrigeration, poultry processing equipment, project management, and equipment layout.
- Proven track record in problem solving, negotiating, managing people, and establishing and meeting schedules is required.
- Ability to travel to remote facilities and/or offices for meetings. Frequent plant and project site visits are required; travel is extensive.
- Must have adequate computer skills with AutoCAD and Microsoft Office.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.