No matter who you are or where you come from, you are welcome here. At MOD, we embrace individuality, support human growth, and recognize the value in second chances.
Every day and in every store, we create a culture where individual spirits are celebrated. And as part of MOD, you will be empowered to provide that same experience for every single customer that walks through the door.
We’re growing, with more than 400 locations across 28 states, and Canada. So we’re always looking for people who demonstrate what we call the 4G’s: Grit, Growth, Generosity, and Gratitude. You’ll help us create a positive social impact in your community, making MOD an exciting place to eat and a place where others are inspired to bring about change. We call it Spreading MODness®. Come be part of it.
The VP of Construction oversees the end-to-end MOD construction strategy consisting of multiple managers, coordinators, and a diverse group of external resources. This team oversees all company restaurant construction related activities/projects and ensures that all restaurants are constructed in accordance with the approved construction design expectations. The VP of Construction is responsible for applying effective leadership techniques to the planning, design and construction phases of projects from inception to completion for the purpose of controlling cost, time & quality. This role requires servant leadership and the ability to collaborate across multiple business units. The VP of Construction is expected to be disciplined and to create/utilize management and technology systems to promote the successful execution and completion of all capital projects and to promote effective coordination and communication between the Restaurant Support Center, Restaurant Operations, IT, Marketing, Supply Chain and the Development Team.
- Consults with senior leadership on high-level construction program strategy.
- Oversees the execution of the store upgrade processes in support of multi-unit remodels and renovations including but not limited to permitting, scheduling, budgeting, forecasting, and communication with external parties and internal departments.
- Maintains development guides and communication link to the franchise community.
- Collaborates with Real Estate Acquisition, Asset Management, Design & Architecture, Facilities and Vendors on new unit development, ongoing maintenance, equipment, design, and store upgrade strategy.
- Implements and supports programs that will ensure the highest quality “end product” is achieved while meeting and/or exceeding target schedule and financial goals.
- Directs cost, risk assessment and forecasting for new store pipeline as well as store upgrade projects throughout each project lifecycle.
- Builds cross-departmental working teams to provide support to facilities and new construction.
- Develops, reviews, and manages project budget forecasting tools for use by construction, design, and real estate teams, based on regional and national construction trends.
- Manages team of direct reports and oversee team meetings including project review, monthly project forecast reviews, and departmental goals.
- Oversees all phases of operational plans, changes, and delivery of project turnovers to our operational partners.
- Is a servant leadership role model with a customer service mindset within the construction team, as evidenced by tremendous discipline around processes including project start and change notifications, general contractor compliance verification, and timely and quality turnover to operations team.
- Assist development teams in reducing timelines and project durations through final review to increase team productivity.
- 10+ years Construction related experience, preferably in restaurant industry.
- 5+ years of Construction Team Member management experience.
- Excellent Project and People Management skills.
- Superior analytical and communication skills (written & verbal).
- High-volume construction entitlement and development process Deadline oriented and completes tasks, assignments or projects in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required (Construction, Architecture or Engineering).
Office work involves remaining in a stationary position most of the time in front of a computer, using a keyboard, mouse and telephone. Regularly operate a computer and other office equipment. Occasionally move about the work site to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc. Exert up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or regularly move objects. Communicate and exchange information with co-workers and other individuals in person and electronically.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Want to help us spread MODness™? Apply today!
MOD welcomes people from all backgrounds and walks of life, and it’s reflected in our largely diverse community of MOD Squaders. MOD is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. MOD recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates, and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
This Job Description is not intended to be all-inclusive. We all may be assigned other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Key words: Restaurant General Manager, GM, Store Manager, General Manager, Assistant General Manager, AGM, Restaurant Manager, Operations Manager, Team Leader