Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it's second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
This position will be responsible for the inspecting the inbound loads into the Americold Leesport facility.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Verify all overages, shortages, and damages on inbound shipments while providing the necessary photos/documentation for these issues to the plants, 3rd party locations, and QA.
2. Inspection of the inbound loads to include pallet, product, and box integrity, proper labeling, stacking, loading, shrink-wrapping, and trailer cleanliness.
3. Provide tracking reports on Perdue plant performance weekly to DO’s and BUL’s and tracking reports of Americold Leesport Stock Tolerance allowance daily, weekly, and monthly.
4. Check SAP and MB 51 to identify inventory buckets for missing and found, warehouse damage, and QA hold/donation/landfill.
5. Verify temperature issues and product conditions.
6. Verify and track plants sending IGPS pallets to non-IGPS customers.
High school diploma or GED
2-4 years previous warehouse experience. Should have a basic understanding of warehouse principles and practices. Must be computer literate with familiarity of Microsoft office, SAP, and Red Prairie.
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
- Work in temperatures consistently 28 – 32 degrees Fahrenheit with high ambient humidity.
- May be exposed to noise ranges of 50 db to 110 db.
- Lifting at waist level and some bending.
- May be exposed to all chemicals used in facility.
- Must wear and use protective and safety equipment required for the job as directed by the Company.
- Must be able to work in confined and or permit required confined spaces and heights.
- Must be able to work on and or around operating equipment.
- Lifting and sliding 35-65 lbs.
- Continual standing during shifts.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.