Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it's second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
This position is responsible for maintaining the parts in the parts gage and can expect to work closely with management, develop and improve existing procedures and policies, prevent losses, and occasionally do some heavy lifting. Their other responsibilities include maintaining storage facilities, ensuring the accuracy of inventory records, compiling balance, price and cost reports, and doing weekly counts of all products. Successful clerks should have excellent interpersonal communication skills, a firm grasp of basic computer programs, and an ability to work both independently and in a team.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct Cycle Count inventory processes to ensure accuracy and timely execution.
- Schedule categories for Cycle Count inventory and maintain strict records.
- Oversee and evaluate stock rotation procedures.
- Maintain adequate storage for warehouse and on-site inventory.
- Maintain and evaluate inventory records on a quarterly basis.
- Train store staff in product dating and create procedures to eliminate loss.
- Create an efficient space utilization plan
- Notify store management of shortages or other problems that could impact product availability
- Instruct store staff on proper procedures for locating and utilizing product inventory
- Check bulk orders for accuracy and quality prior to shipment
- To unpack or package parts Using lifting procedures to lift and carry up to 50 pounds without mechanical assistance or the assistance of other personnel
- Ability to work unsupervised, follow and understand written and oral instructions as directed. Check out and log parts and supplies in and out of supply room
- Accurately complete nightly cycle counts of inventory
- Maintain MSDS file and USDA approval letters
- Using Basic Typing techniques to log parts and labor into Maximo, in order to accurately track all issues and transfers
- Shipping parts and equipment for repairs, returns and credit. Receive shipments verify incoming packages vs. requisitions for accuracy and place in inventory
High School or equivalent.
2 - 4 years experience. Strong computer skills including Microsoft Outlook and Excel. Experience as a forklift and/or pallet jack driver. High understanding of products and production flow from order entry through shipping. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Strong organizational, problem solving and analytical skills. Ability to manage priorities and workflow. Versatility, flexibility and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities. Acute attention to detail. Strong interpersonal skills. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
Must be able to utiize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information and/or use a keyboard. Accurately completes detailed forms and reports. Calculates figures and amounts.
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
Position is active. On the plant floor activities such as troubleshooting and re-design of existing systems are routine. May need to move equipment occasionally; ability fo lift, push or pull up to 50 lb boxes and materials. May need to access files, supplies and equipment. Position requires an associate to have the ability to move throughout the complex and all facilities. When in a plant environment: Exposure primarily consists of wet and moist floors which include metal and plastic grating surfaces. May be exposed to temperatures of 28 degrees to 100 degrees Fahrenheit with both ambient and 100% humidity. May handle product 25 degrees to 50 degrees Fahrenheit. May be exposed to noise ranges of 50 db to 110 db. May be exposed to all chemicals used in poultry, food, processing facility. Must wear and use protective and safety equipment required for the job as directed by the Company.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.