Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it's second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
Responsible for plant effectiveness and efficiency for a section of a processing and/or cook plant. Provides direction, training, coaching, directing to Team Leaders and indirectly to hourly production associates. Works to achieve company established goads on production activities. Provides a safe and secure working environment for all associates utilizing company-approved processes. Promotes a positive working relationship with the production and support staff to make the company the Employer of Choice.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Establishes, measures and is accountable for operating, as well as capital budgets for the assigned area in a manner to enable the operation to maintain a competitive position in the industry.
- Meets all facility operational plans, to ensure yield, birds per man-hour, pounds per man-hour, line efficiency, CSI, QI requirements are met.
- Ensures processes are in place to continuously reduce turnover, improve safety results as measured by the Safety Scorecard, and create the environment that will make the facility the Employee of Choice in the area.
- Ensures processes are in place to continually provide training to improve supervisory skills of staff, and improve the skill set of the hourly production associates to maximize the results of individual and team efforts.
- Constantly develops new ideas and methods to improve operational performance and improve product quality and customer reliability.
- Supports and promotes the Company's annual People, Products, Profitability and Planet goals through effective planning, communication, emphasizing the requirement for all team members to be efficient and effective in their respective responsibilities.
Bachelors degree in Poultry Science, Animal Science, Agriculture, Engineering or related discipline or equivalent work experience
3-5 years work experience. Should be computer literate with skills in Microsoft Office. Requires experience with various industry accepted procedures, including HACCP, SPC, etc. and plant efficiency as it relates to yield, lbs./birds, pmh, line speeds and automatic process equipment. Proven track record demonstrating ability to lead people and get results. Must be able to organize multiple protocols/projects and complete on schedule. Requires prior supervisory experience. Knowledge of and ability to provide strong customer orientation. Must be able to communicate to all levels of the organization; possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to travel to other facilities and plants for meetings and/or company business.
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
1. May need to move light equipment or supplies from one place to another.
2. May need to access files, supplies and equipment.
3. When in a plant environment: Exposure primarily consists of wet and moist floors which include metal and plastic grating surfaces.
- May be exposed to temperatures of 28 degrees to 100 degrees Fahrenheit with both ambient and 100% humidity.
- May handle product 25 degrees to 50 degrees Fahrenheit. May be exposed to noise ranges of 50 db to 110 db.
- May be exposed to all chemicals used in poultry, food, processing facility.
- Must wear and use protective and safety equipment required for the job as directed by the Company.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.