Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it's second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
Maintains, services and performs repairs on equipment in order to ensure proper operation of production equipment and electrical systems.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Reads, interprets and understands manufacturers' equipment manuals, preventative (PM) task sheets and safety policies.
- Performs equipment adjustments and repairs, preventative maintenance and emergency breakdowns.
- Performs specific duties during both production and non-production hours in a timely manner with OSHA Lockout/Tagout and Company safety regulations.
- Monitors performance of equipment and informs maintenance and production supervisors of potential problems.
- Maintains log books by applying math skills through the equipment PM stages in order to calibrate machinery to performance standards.
- Provides "hands on" training and direction to lower level mechanics and techs in properly servicing, repairing and maintaining the equipment operated by the Company.
High School or equivalent
2 - 4 years. Reading, writing and analytical skills are required. Must have all personal tools at all times and be able to use and operate hand tools and industrial shop equipment.
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
- Ability to work for 8 hours or more in a stationary position or travel on a wet, moist, dry, greasy floors which may include metal or plastic grating surfaces with up to 4 hours in a single interval.
- Ability to work from various types of ladders and/or stairs.
- Exposure to and work in temperatures of less than -40 degrees and 75 degrees with ambient humidity. Noise exposure of 110 db, and light intensity range of 50 to 100 foot candles.
- Bending, twisting, lifting up to 50 lbs, reaching, sitting, and grasping varies in repetitions, distance, degrees, angle, weight, heights, longest interval of time, objects grasped, and body positions depending upon the maintenance task required. Exposure to chlorinated water (50 ppm, ammonia vapors ) 5 ppm, dry ice, caustic detergents, lubricating oils, hydraulic oils, and other chemicals found in a poultry processing plant.
- Must use and / or wear protective and safety equipment required for the job.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.