TITLE: Learning and Training Manager
HOURS: 40 hours
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Operations
Founded in 2014, APDS’s mission is to prepare every justice-impacted individual for a living wage job. APDS is the career readiness platform for all justice-impacted individuals to attain a living wage job. APDS has proven success through its “Whole Human Framework” which is a proprietary curriculum delivering assessments and plans that motivate, engage, educate, and equip these individuals in their pursuit to empower themselves and strengthen society. APDS leverages innovative technology to create a managed learning environment that fosters growth and certifies career readiness.
APDS is a Public Benefit Corporation (PBC) and certified B-Corporation, with a business model that never charges incarcerated individuals or their friends and families for its technology or services. Currently, APDS products and services are deployed in over 150+ facilities across 17 states -- and growing. You can learn more about APDS work by visiting: www.apds.works
About the position
At APDS, we pride ourselves on continuous evolution. As a Trainer, or Development Educator, you will be responsible for maintaining the standards of an organization’s training content. You will gather and analyze information to determine learning needs across various stakeholders including staff, justice-impacted students, DOC staff and administrators, educators, vendors, etc. In addition, you will evaluate training programs, materials, and trainee performance; facilitate and deliver internal learning solutions; develop in-house and external training programs as assigned.
APDS is seeking an experienced leader like you to achieve the following outcomes:
Facilitate learning solutions, prepare plans according to adult learning theory and providing a high-impact, interactive environment. Develops professional, collaborative relationships with business unit leaders and develops and implements a learning curriculum consistent with current trends and best practices.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain and update relevant training content, so it’s kept current and reflects our position as an outstanding leader in education.
- Develop material and train internal staff on new product content and tools.
- Develop learning solutions in multiple formats, including e-learning, interactive classroom-based instruction, job aids, videos (long- and short-form), pre- and post-assessments, and other performance support tools.
- Facilitate instructor-led and virtual training on various topics (including but not limited to, soft skills, technical skills, tablet content, business processes, department-specific training, etc.) with a solid understanding and application of adult learning principles.
- Utilize internal and external resources as necessary to achieve goals.
- Track and analyze learning curriculum effectiveness through various evaluation techniques, including evaluating individual performances.
- Communicate effectively and proactively with subject matter experts, business partners, and the design team.
- With supervision, manage project resources (people and materials) to ensure deliverables are completed in scope and on schedule.
- Maintain current business knowledge; stays abreast of market events, investment product enhancements, and successful sales techniques to be up-to-speed on potential training topics.
- Equivalent work or educational experience.
- 3-5 years of practical business experience developing and delivering training solutions, with a minimum of 3 years of facilitation experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with adult learning, instructional design, and curriculum development
- Experience working in a technical training environment.
- Experience delivering face-to-face, virtual, and blended training
- Intermediate skill level in MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint.
- Aptitude and desire to learn new tools and techniques quickly.
- Strong facilitation skills.
- New York City or Remote (APDS has a NYC office and roughly 50% of APDS team members are NYC-based.)
- Ability to work East Coast hours
- Travel 2-4 times per quarter may be needed depending on training needs. Additional travel may be required.
- This position does require going into a correctional facility at some point during tenure, about 1-3 times per year.
Salary and Benefits
- ADPS offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience and a generous benefits package.
- Salary Range $80-90k
Equal Opportunity Employer
APDS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and firmly believes in creating a workplace that respects and values diversity of cultural, ethnic, and experiential backgrounds. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply. As an organization committed to the successful reentry of justice-involved persons, we strongly encourage candidates who share the life experiences of the citizens we serve to apply.
Disclaimer: this job description is not totally inclusive of all responsibilities of this position.