Imagine if everyone had a place to go where they were encouraged to embrace their individuality and come as they are. A place fostering an environment that supports human growth and recognizes the value in second chances. This is the kind of place that MOD is committed to creating and maintaining every single day. By creating a culture where individual spirits are celebrated, we believe that our teams will feel empowered and committed to providing that same experience for every single customer that walks through the door.
With more than 400 locations across 28 states and the United Kingdom, MOD is committed to creating a positive social impact within these communities, creating not only an exciting place to eat, but a place where others are inspired to bring about change. We call it Spreading MODness.
MOD Pizza is seeking a motivated GL Accountant to join our Corporate Accounting team. The primary function of the role is to help create and book the day-to-day activities of the financial accounting department. This includes ensuring the accuracy, validity and timeliness of journal entries and account reconciliations for the company. This position will also be responsible for helping to close the monthly books. This position must be able to work extended hours when required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributes to a timely month end close process.
- Creates accurate journal entries and supporting documentation before posting into SAP system.
- Creates journal entries and account reconciliations relating to cash receipts, debt, fixed assets and other asset and liability accounts.
- Helps maintain accounting policies and procedures in accordance with US GAAP.
- Helps evaluate existing policies and procedures and makes recommendations for efficiency improvement within established Management guidelines.
- Interfaces with other departments as needed in a professional manner.
- Provides information to users (internal and external) in a cooperative, helpful, diplomatic and professional manner.
- Works across departments to identify reporting needs and improvements, including variance analysis and financial metrics.
- Helps support company financial objectives through departmental and personal goals.
- Provides back up in the accounting departments as needed, to include cash accountant role.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
Essential Functions, Skills and Attributes:
Leadership and Management
- Creates an environment that encourages and rewards teamwork and collaboration, both internally and externally.
- Ability to prioritize and self-manage workload.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Desire to share learning with others.
Personal and Social Competence
- Self-starter. Strong initiative.
- Ability to work with others and to also learn and work independently.
- High integrity, promoting trust in all actions.
- Whole problem solver, implements solutions to solve root cause problems.
- Strong analytical skills.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Creative and change-oriented.
- High energy, positive and assertive.
- Strong written, oral, and facilitation skills.
- Conveys information in understandable terms at all levels of the organization.
- Direct but tactful communication in resolving issues/discrepancies.
- Excellent listener. Empathetic to individuals concerns and directs necessary follow-up actions.
- Intermediate accounting and related systems understanding.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Intermediate to advanced understanding of Microsoft Excel functions.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Associates or Bachelor of Science degree in business, accounting or related field is required.
- 1-3 years in an accounting position.
- SAP Hana experience strongly preferred. Experience with a large ERP system such as SAP, Oracle, JD Edwards, or Great Plains preferred.
- Experience in the restaurant industry preferred.
- Experience with accruals and cash preferred.
- Experience managing and booking accruals: 2 years (Required)
- Accounting: 3 years (Required)
- Large ERP system: 2 years (Strongly Preferred)
- Restaurant/Consumer Market Experience: 2 years (Preferred)
- CPA preferred
Want to help us spread MODness? Apply today!
Our largely diverse community of MOD Squaders plays a huge role in making MOD a place that is welcoming to people from all backgrounds and walks of life. It is our mission to build up communities that empower and inspire one another, celebrating our differences and appreciating all that we each have to offer. In this regard, MOD is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. MOD recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates, and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.