Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it's second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
The Director of Engineering - Refrigeration & Process Safety Management is primarily responsible for leading refrigeration engineering & process safety management efforts at our processing plants, distribution centers and other Perdue sites requiring a process safety management support.
This individual will ensure all locations have engineering and management systems in place to prevent catastrophic incidents. This entails ensuring appropriate engineering safeguards are in place during construction, start-up, maintenance, and continued safe operations of those systems. Position will also be responsible for managing required PSM audits, PHAs and mechanical integrity testing of all PSM systems.
Relocation package is available for eligible candidate.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner always.
- Manage and verify applicability of process safety management (PSM) program to appropriate sites or operations for all Perdue Farm facilities throughout North America.
- Lead compliance efforts concerning the OSHA Process Safety Management Standard.
- Establishes and prioritizes capital plans and budgets related refrigeration operational needs and process safety management programs.
- Provide refrigeration engineering, technical and managerial assistance to all Perdue Farms locations.
- Participate in on-site PSM audits, incident investigations; provide meeting management tools (facilitation, minutes, etc.).
- Represent corporation at interagency meetings.
- Stay current and communicate regulation changes, or proposed regulation changes, in regard to refrigeration/PSM.
- Provide guidance and counsel on appropriate issues related to Process Safety Management.
- Assist Engineering and Operations to coordinate corporate-wide PSM efforts, recommendations; provide technical expertise.
- Perform Pre-start-up Safety reviews as necessary and train employees on Process Safety Management requirements.
- Management and oversight of companywide electronic PSM documents/software solutions.
Minimum Education and Experience
B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or other Engineering discipline and 10+ years of engineering experience in Refrigeration industry;
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to evaluate engineering systems.
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements for operating North American plants, specializing in including Process Safety Management strongly preferred.
- Physical requirements associated with site visits and travel.
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
Position is not sedentary but requires regular movement in/out/throughout factor production areas where PAC MAC equipment is positioned. Due to bagger equipment and freezers being multi-story, this position requires the ability to climbs stairs frequently and maneuver within constricted spaces to reach sections of the PAC MAC equipment that may require assessment/installation/repair. Position requires ability to lift up-to 50 lbs. May need to visually assess manuals, diagrams, Auto CAD drawings, etc. Work activity is 20% office, 20% within plant training facilities, 60% within further procession factory environments. Position requires frequent operations of a car or travel by airplane within the US or occasionally abroad. Position requires work during evenings, weekends and holidays
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.