No matter who you are or where you come from, you are welcome here. At MOD, we embrace individuality, support human growth, and recognize the value in second chances.
Every day and in every store, we create a culture where individual spirits are celebrated. And as part of MOD, you will be empowered to provide that same experience for every single customer that walks through the door.
We’re growing, with more than 400 locations across 28 states, and Canada. So we’re always looking for people who demonstrate what we call the 4G’s: Grit, Growth, Generosity, and Gratitude. You’ll help us create a positive social impact in your community, making MOD an exciting place to eat and a place where others are inspired to bring about change. We call it Spreading MODness®. Come be part of it.
We are looking for an enthusiastic design professional at our Bellevue, Washington Support Center to lead the design for and manage the delivery of MOD stores consistent with our overall brand image.
- Actively engage in and lead the design of MOD stores in cooperation with teams throughout the organization (real estate, creative, operations and construction.)
- Set and maintain project schedules, assuring that assigned responsibilities are completed on time.
- Assess and balance design and budget goals, seeking the best solutions based on the cost parameters influencing each project.
- Collaborate actively with our entire team to assure a consistently high standard of store design quality.
- Manage architectural and engineering consultants during their preparation of Construction Documents.
- Support MOD construction and consultant teams with design clarifications during permitting and bidding stages.
- Assure design accuracy during construction through review of submittals (signage, casework, equipment, etc.) and response to contractor RFIs.
- Ensure the success of current store projects (as outlined above) while contributing to the implementation of new programs and initiatives impacting future store development
- Support the ongoing development of design and documentation standards, tools, and processes
- Undergraduate Degree in Architecture or Interior Design
- 8+ years of professional experience (4+ years in retail and/or restaurant)
- Strong design and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of Building and Accessibility Codes
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience reviewing construction documents for quality and accuracy
- Familiarity with jurisdictional review and approval processes (Planning, Building, Health, Signage, etc)
- Knowledge in finish selection and material sourcing
- Skilled using AutoCAD, SketchUp and Adobe Creative Suite
- Graduate degree in Architecture or Interior Design
- NCARB/NCIDQ/LEED Certification
- Skilled using Revit/BIM
Office work requires sitting at a desk for extended periods, typically operating a computer. Occasional movement throughout the workspace is required in order to attend meetings and to access office equipment and supplies. Employee may occasionally lift objects up to 10 pounds in weight.
Periodic domestic travel (up to 10%.) This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Qualified and interested parties, please submit a cover letter, resume and portfolio for consideration.
Want to help us spread MODness™? Apply today!
MOD welcomes people from all backgrounds and walks of life, and it’s reflected in our largely diverse community of MOD Squaders. MOD is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. MOD recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates, and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
This Job Description is not intended to be all-inclusive. We all may be assigned other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Key words: Restaurant General Manager, GM, Store Manager, General Manager, Assistant General Manager, AGM, Restaurant Manager, Operations Manager, Team Leader