FSi Engineers is seeking a Registered Professional Electrical Engineer with 5-10 years of experience in the commercial and light industrial markets. The ideal candidate would have experience including some or all of the following:
- Utility service entrance power design
- Building facilities electrical power and lighting distribution design
- Integration of building automation, lighting controls, communication, and network WAP/POE systems into electrical designs.
- Support mechanical engineer design of mechanical, plumbing and fire protection systems with electrical controls and power infrastructure.
FSi is an experienced MEP engineering firm that develops building systems that meet our clients’ unique needs and building functions. Our work is challenging, interesting, and not cookie-cutter. We work with and have earned the trust of agencies across Washington since 1985. Our projects include schools, college buildings, wineries, and food production, industrial, aerospace, healthcare, life sciences, and transit facilities. We have a long history of identifying energy saving opportunities which gave us an early entry into design of high-performing buildings, LEED, and Living Building projects. We continue to push the envelope on sustainability and decarbonization.
FSi Engineers encourages applicants of all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to workforce diversity, fostering and furthering a culture of inclusion, and creating equity across our organization. We are committed to equity and holding ourselves accountable for being inclusive and affirming to people of all backgrounds. We are better and stronger together because of the diverse perspectives we have here at FSi. We know that bringing diverse cultures, backgrounds, and perspectives together drives innovation and creates a culture of creativity and respect.
- Flexible working hours/hybrid work model
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunity
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance for employee and dependents
- Inclusive paid holidays
- Paid vacation and sick pay
- Paid community service days
- 401k retirement plan with company match
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Educational fees assistance
Education and Experience
- 5-10 years of electrical engineering experience in the commercial and light industrial markets (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited course of study in Electrical Engineering
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit, fire alarm design, pumping systems electrical power/controls design, lighting design software, CAT or Cummins generator sizer programs
- Project Management Professional certification
- Understanding of Constructions Standards Institutes specification format
- Ability to identify typical manufacturers’ product data
- Good writing and communication skills
- Knowledge of local agency standards and NEC 2020
We recognize that education is important but also understand that experience can be equally important. We consider a combination of education and experience and encourage individuals of all levels of education/experience to apply.
- Conduct business in a respectful and productive manner and work effectively with people from all backgrounds
- Meet deadlines with quality work so the team continues to operate and meet goals
- Bring about successful implementation of new product through successful design and test work
- Foster good working relationships with all personnel
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required of a Electrical Engineer/Designer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Roles and Expectations
(other duties may be assigned)
- Coordinates with mechanical engineering team to ensure accurate completion of projects and promotes growth and development within the team.
- Design electrical lighting, power layout, and communication for various projects.
- Design engineering for lighting calculations, surveying, and power requirements.
- Design electrical power for facilities including sizing of generators, writing load letters to utility companies, laying out lighting per applicable standards, and developing fire detection system including smoke detectors, fire life safety system, pull stations, and emergency exit signs.
- Demonstrate familiarity with the architecture and engineering design process, and specifications leading to construction documents.
- Ability to redline designs using PDF editor software. Minor edits using AutoCAD and/or Revit.
- Supervise or coordinate the work of designers and other technical support personnel.
- Possesses experience in the design of commercial buildings, industrial plants and warehouses, airports, ferries, schools, and universities.
- Perform design calculations and prepare equipment or material specifications.
- Supervise electrical production to ensure work is performed in an accurate manner.
- Evaluate reports of electrical malfunction and initiate corrective action as needed.
- Prepare quotes for design packages for clients.
- Maintain contact with vendors and suppliers via telephone and in person, and evaluate their proposals.
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding application of products.
- Meet project milestones.
- Estimate and work within the allotted hours for tasks and ensures others under your supervision stay within their allotted hours for their tasks.
- Effectively identify and convey to the project manager the resources required for your tasks, including staffing, experience level, and oversight.
Coordinates with other employees in the Electrical Engineering Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training new employees; planning projects, assigning tasks, and directing work of technical staff.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, you should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. FSi also uses Revit and AutoCAD design software, Deltek accounting software, and BIM project management software.
Certificates and Licenses
Professional engineer license required
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Abilities
- Demonstrates independent judgment to apply, maintain, and enforce current electrical standards
- Time management
- Interpersonal relations and professionalism
- Ability to work alone and in a teamwork environment and willing to help team when needed
- Ability to take and provide constructive criticism
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus.
FSi is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunities for employment and comply with all applicable laws. We explicitly prohibit any offensive behavior and we do not discriminate on the basis of any status protected under federal, state, or local law.
We base all employment decisions on merit, competence, skills, qualifications, performance, improvement, and business needs. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment against any employee, leader, or those we work with based on non-work related personal characteristics including but not limited to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, transgender status, national origin, ethnic origin, social origin, family or marital status, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran’s status, military service, or any other classification protected by law.