Who We Are:
Friends of the Earth (FOE) is a national not-for-profit environmental organization that strives for a healthier and more just world. We push for the reforms that are needed. It’s an approach that has worked for five decades to produce important victories that help protect our planet and its people. We’re part of Friends of the Earth International, a federation of groups working in more than 70 countries on today’s most urgent environmental and social issues.?
What We Look For:
Are you an expert in digital communications who wants to use your skills to advance progressive environmental causes? Do you enjoy innovating and testing email marketing tactics and using data to inform strategy? Do you excel at building relationships with your colleagues and inspiring others to take action?
If so, then this is the position for you. We are looking for a Digital Advocacy Manager to lead our email and SMS advocacy program. The person in this role will also supervise the Digital Advocacy Associate and Senior Digital Advocacy Specialist.
We want you to succeed and we want to pay you a competitive wage that is in line with your experience. The range for this full-time remote position is $73,040-$86,000. Offers are determined based on relevant skills and experience required for the position.
• A strong track record of building relationships: You recognize the deep importance that relationships with colleagues play in our work, and you build rapport and trust with others. Builds authentic relationships across lines of difference, such as race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, class, ability, gender identity, citizenship status, or other identities.
• Results-orientation: You follow data rather than intuition and focus on outcomes rather than getting bogged down in process. You consistently anticipate issues, overcome challenges and leverage resources to creatively solve problems without much guidance.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, particularly when it comes to persuading people to take action.
• Innovative: You adapt to the evolving needs of the organization and the environmental movement and think 3 (or 30) steps ahead to develop solutions that achieve goals in your realm.
• Models and inspires accountability: Inspires and motivates others to take action and meet goals. Delegates and provides feedback skillfully. Holds direct reports accountable and acknowledges growing edges (in self and others). Translates equity and inclusion into plans for staff development, retention, strategy, and improving culture.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in communications, marketing, political science, or a related field.
• 5-7 years of experience in digital advocacy, communications, marketing, fundraising, or a related field.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage complex projects involving multiple people - either directly managing staff or managing projects through dotted lines with people on other teams.
• Sophisticated understanding of the structures through which race, gender, class, sexual orientation, religion, ability, and other axes of identity function to unjustly distribute power and oppress some in our society and how those systems show up in the digital space.
• 2 years of experience in digital campaigning or organizing in a progressive advocacy or political context.
• 2 years of experience in managing staff, interns, temps, and/or vendors.
Perks & Benefits:
Friends of the Earth is committed to providing benefits that will take care of you. In addition to a competitive salary, we provide:
• 37.5-hour work week
• 100% employer paid medical, dental and vision coverage (80% for eligible dependents)
• Disability and Life Insurance
• Flexible Spending Account
• 401(k) Matching effective Day 1 (3% match)
• Generous Leave (Vacation-minimum 2 weeks to start, 12 Holidays, Sick, Parental, Sabbatical and More)
• Education Reimbursement and Employee Assistance Program
Friends of the Earth is an equal opportunity employer who encourages applications from women, people of color and other members of underrepresented groups who will contribute to the diversity of its staff.