Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it's second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
This position will lead the Company initiative to reduce our labor headcount and will provide leadership, structure, reporting and guidance for all labor management initiatives within the fresh chicken processing operations.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Creates labor efficiency report structure for individual facilities to track and analyze opportunities to improve labor spend and establish budgets.
- Identifies areas for and implements studies beneficial to improving facility labor efficiency. Determines proper methods that promote conservation of product, labor, materials, costs, safety, ergonomic stresses and equipment.
- Maintains and updates standards and controls for production labor spend and safe working practices. Utilizes the following techniques in the developing the engineered standards, but not limited to: time study, work sampling, predetermined time standards and actual performance measures. Measures productivity, audit standards and update standards as warranted.
- Trains associates at site location in new methods, procedures, and tracking mechanisms implemented in operation.
- Analyzes, models, evaluates, simulates, tests, obtains approval and implements plant layouts, modifications and relocations of facilities utilizing various software packages including but not limited to the following: Excel, Lotus, simulation packages and AutoCAD.
- Assists in the identification, selection, obtaining and installing equipment and/or improved operating procedures for the plant.
BS degree or equivalent related work experience in Industrial Engineering or related field.
Position requires 6 – 8 years of related work experience. Must demonstrate excellent oral, written, team building and negotiation skills. Requires ability to demonstrate strong planning, problem solving and analytical skills. Must be able to prioritize and organize work effectively. Requires technical competence with computers; Microsoft Office, database development and management. Must have a solid knowledge of technical equipment related processing and safety. Travel could be up to 75%.
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
Position is not sedentary but requires regular movement in/out/throughout factor production areas where PAC MAC equipment is positioned. Due to bagger equipment and freezers being multi-story, this position requires the ability to climbs stairs frequently and maneuver within constricted spaces to reach sections of the PAC MAC equipment that may require assessment/installation/repair. Position requires ability to lift up-to 50 lbs. May need to visually assess manuals, diagrams, Auto CAD drawings, etc. Work activity is 20% office, 20% within plant training facilities, 60% within further procession factory environments. Position requires frequent operations of a car or travel by airplane within the US or occasionally abroad. Position requires work during evenings, weekends and holidays.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.