Imagine if everyone had a place to go where they were encouraged to embrace their individuality and come as they are. A place fostering an environment that supports human growth and recognizes the value in second chances. This is the kind of place that MOD is committed to creating and maintaining every single day. By creating a culture where individual spirits are celebrated, we believe that our teams will feel empowered and committed to providing that same experience for every single customer that walks through the door.
With more than 400 locations across 28 states and the United Kingdom, MOD is committed to creating a positive social impact within these communities, creating not only an exciting place to eat, but a place where others are inspired to bring about change. We call it Spreading MODness.
This job contributes to MOD’s success by providing construction support to ensure new store and renovation projects are completed in accordance with MOD’s requirements. The Construction Services team provides support of site feasibility efforts, budgeting, contract administration and management of vendors and contractor progress. As a member of the team, the Construction Specialist models’ is responsible for a wide array of tasks as noted below.
- Maintains vendor schedules, processes and reporting.
- Review project plans and specifications for accuracy and constructability
- Responsible for construction-related project kickoff within scope
- Ensures special projects are aligned and well-coordinated with the Construction Manager and Store Development team
- Maintains responsibility for setting up Utility Service Accounts for all new stores, including address verification and meter verification and installation (if applicable). May be required to work with Property Manager(s) when setting up accounts
- Collects vendor quotes and processes purchase orders for all owner furnished items. Places and tracks orders on a per store basis
- Communicates and distributes project related reports, documents and information to vendors and internal staff
- Identifies cost reduction opportunities
- Reviews project-related invoices for accuracy
- Monitors project scope, schedule and progress – reports deviations and makes recommendations to Construction Manager to stay on course
- Responsible for creating, maintaining and distributing the AIA (American Institute of Architects) standard form of agreement contract on each project (new or existing)
- Assists with collecting and providing lease required documents in order to collect Tenant Improvement Allowances
- Assists Construction Manager in compiling reconciliation documents/costs to complete final store level budgets
- Provides assistance in assembling and tracking miscellaneous construction documents such as Bidder’s Instructions, Contracts, Change Orders and Close out package
- Resolves problems including, but not limited to: back orders, mis-deliveries, items not received, defective and damaged goods. Initiates and reports on damaged or defective goods to suppliers and vendors in a timely manner
- Supports store development and operations goals by participating and contributing in planning and strategy meetings for the company owned markets
- Attends weekly functional meetings with team to track new store progress
- Assists with office administrative support functions, correspondence, incoming mail, telephone calls, filing and email
- Occasional travel to project sites
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with an emphasis on building partnerships with internal and external partners
- Strong organizational, time management and communication skills
- Project Management and administration in a similar role (1+ years)
- Order Management / Customer Service experience (2+ years)
- Self-starter, capable of working independently
- Detail oriented with an eye for problem solving
- Ability to think creatively, and make quick and sound decisions
- Understanding and commitment to MOD’s Core Values
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Experience using Smartsheet
Office work involves remaining in a stationary position most of the time in front of a computer, using a keyboard, mouse and telephone. Regularly operate a computer and other office equipment. Occasionally move about the work site to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc. Exert up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or regularly move objects. Communicate and exchange information with co-workers and other individuals in person and electronically.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Want to help us spread MODness? Apply today!
Our largely diverse community of MOD Squaders plays a huge role in making MOD a place that is welcoming to people from all backgrounds and walks of life. It is our mission to build up communities that empower and inspire one another, celebrating our differences and appreciating all that we each have to offer. In this regard, MOD is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. MOD recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates, and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.