Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it's second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
The Director of Maintenance & Reliability is responsible for the strategic vision and tactical planning associated with the operations, maintenance, reliability and efficiency of all Premium Prepared Foods building systems and mechanical equipment as well as division’s general day to day maintenance operations. This position will oversee all tradesmen responsible for the tactical implementation of this strategy across mechanical, electrical, electronic and refrigeration systems. Coordinates, interprets and maintains facility equipment, including but not limited to refrigeration/ice plant systems, HVAC systems, mechanical systems, waste water, panel boards, distribution, facilities upkeep, buildings & groups, etc. to ensure continuous proper operations. This managerial role oversees full time maintenance trades personnel including HVAC, electrical, industrial mechanics, waste water, and maintenance planner/schedulers and parts room personnel. Plans and directs all aspects of the division’s maintenance functions and ensures all related projects, initiatives and processes are in conformance with organization’s established policies and objectives. This position will carry out supervisor responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable state laws. Responsibilities include hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and own a robust documented and approved vision, strategy and action plan for reliability and maintenance.
- Develop and deliver programs that guide and support equipment reliability and maintenance efforts across all Prepared Foods division operations.
- Collaborate and build links with engineering to infuse consistent and best in class processes, tools and systems.
- Communicate effectively with senior management, internal clients and other stakeholders.
- Implement and manage the CMMS (ongoing).
- Manage repair and preventative maintenance activities assigned to industrial maintenance personnel.
- Manage all maintenance/engineering related service agreements and contracts. May assist with union trade relationships if applicable.
- Help manage plant maintenance budgets and overall division spend.
- Responsible for operational oversight, maintenance and repair of building management systems including but not limited to; Fire Alarm Notification and Suppressions Systems, Fire Alarm Sprinkler Systems, Thermal Fluid Preventative Maintenance Programs, etc.
- Ensure building systems meet event, customer and internal client requirements. Maintain a safe work environment and staff is properly trained.
- Keep inventory of building tools, machinery and related equipment. Monitor acquisition and use of materials.
- Schedule and coordinate testing and inspections as required by code, state and federal regulations.
- Prepare labor and material estimates and assist Engineers in design requirements.
- Maintain time, payroll, work order, material, equipment and other records and submit reports.
- Train employees on new work methods or procedures, changes in safety regulations, work policies and codes or standards.
- Create and maintain company and department policies and enforce safety regulations for legal compliancy.
- Make energy management a priority, track and report on usage. Recommend energy reducing projects in conjuntions with energy efficiency initiatives.
- Collaborate with internal PPF executive team on capital projects to ensure they are designed, constructed, operated and maintained in a cost effective and compliant manner.
- Assist in preparation of annual maintenance operating and capital budgets.
Minimum Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related discipline plus 12 - 15 years of experience in maintenacene management is required. Relevant experience may be considered in the absence of a degree.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Extensive working knowledge of MEP (mechanical, electrical, HVAC, waste water) and Fire Protection Systems
- 10 years of experience in ammonia refrigeration maintenance management or PSM is a plus. Technical knowledge of refrigeration and dehumidification systems is required
- Ability to interpret blueprints, shop drawings, construction schedules, etc.
- Knowledge of State and Federal codes and guidelines (mechanical, electrical, refrigeration and fire protection)
- Knowledge of controls and automation systems
- Knowledge of safety requirements and standards for manufacturing facilities
- Familiarity with MS Office (specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, AutoCAD)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
- Travel Requirements: Position requires frequent travel by car or airplane within the US and occasionally abroad.
- Physical Demands: Position requires ability to lift up-to 50 lbs.
- Work Environment: Position may require work during evenings, weekends and holidays
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.