Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it's second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
We are recruiting for a Breeder Manager in our Statesville, NC location. This individual provides leadership, training and coaching to the Breeder operation through, but not limited to budgeting, personnel decisions, production programs, health and safety programs, performance management, etc., to meet the company goals and objectives.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides leadership, coaching and development to all personnel in the Breeder department and direct their activities to meet the goals and requirements of the department.
- Takes all necessary actions to provide a safe work environment for all associates.
- Communicates effectively with peers, producers, senior management, subordinates and non-company personnel to ensure performance and resolution of problems.
- Monitors performance reports and develops budgets to utilize as management tools to evaluate trends and take appropriate management action to ensure maximum performance consistent with company goals and philosophy.
- Coordinates all production activities including but not limited to chick placements, feed deliveries, vaccinations, pullet movements, blood testing, flock supervision and clerical accounting.
- Supplies hatching eggs to the hatcheries, which meet the specific requirements as described in the breeder-hatchery customer/supplier agreement.
- Maintains productive relationships with contract breeder producers.
High School or equivalent plus 5 years of relevant work experience. Bachelor's degree in an Agricultural related field is highly preferred.
Prior supervisory experience in poultry operations and husbandry is a plus.
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
Must be physically able to work in all locations including hatcheries, feed mills, chicken houses and processing plants. Exposed to seasonal weather conditions as well as significant amount of airborne dust, feathers. When in a plant environment: Exposure primarily consists of wet and moist floors which include metal and plastic grating surfaces. May be exposed to temperatures of 28 degrees to 100 degrees Fahrenheit with both ambient and 100% humidity. May handle product 25 degrees to 50 degrees Fahrenheit. May be exposed to noise ranges of 50 db to 110 db. May be exposed to all chemicals used in poultry, food, processing facility. Must wear and use protective and safety equipment required for the job as directed by the Company. Exposure to chicken manure and associated odors, including ammonia, especially in the production houses. Required to perform moderate physical exertion to include pushing pulling and lifting up to 75 lbs. Must be able to climb to a height of 30' as well as significant amount of bending, lifting and stooping.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.