No matter who you are or where you come from, you are welcome here. At MOD, we embrace individuality, support human growth, and recognize the value in second chances.
Every day and in every store, we create a culture where individual spirits are celebrated. And as part of MOD, you will be empowered to provide that same experience for every single customer that walks through the door.
We’re growing, with more than 400 locations across 28 states, and Canada. So we’re always looking for people who demonstrate what we call the 4G’s: Grit, Growth, Generosity, and Gratitude. You’ll help us create a positive social impact in your community, making MOD an exciting place to eat and a place where others are inspired to bring about change. We call it Spreading MODness®. Come be part of it.
At MOD, we believe that we are often shaped by our experiences and especially by the people who have influenced us along the way. Our General Managers are key people influencers (most important role at MOD? or key to our success?) And becoming a General Manager means taking on a leadership role…but what does being a leader really mean? To us, a leader is someone who puts people first, embraces our platform of pizza to make impacts and focuses on building character traits, not just the operational skills of their employees. Being a leader at MOD means being a mentor, and being a mentor means serving others by preparing and empowering them take the reins of their own lives. We believe if we treat our people right, our people will take care of our customers, and our business will thrive. It all boils down to our purpose - to make pizza so we can serve people. Are you ready to lead with MOD?
- Builds important connections with their customers and Squad; exemplifies the customer first attitude
- Manages with the integrity, honesty, and respect that promote the culture, core-mission, and values of MOD.
- Orders products directly from various vendors to maintain food and beverage par
- Utilizes operational tools to plan and achieve excellence in their store; labor scheduling, monthly status reports, cash and inventory management
- Creates schedules that meet the needs of the Business, Squad Members, and Customers; upholds the MOD customer experience while maintaining financial responsibility.
- Actively oversees, inspires, and challenges MOD Squad Members; holds them accountable for delivering quality products and customer service
- Entrepreneurial spirit for owning their own business
- You have 2+ years of Restaurant Management and Direct Responsibility for P&L
- Training, Developing, and Leading Teams
- Ordering, Receiving, and Controlling Inventory
- College Education in Business or Related Field may substitute a portion of required experience
- Strong Communication Skills
- High Level of Accountability
In-store squad leadership work involves both managing the team and stepping in to support the operations as needed. Occasionally positioning oneself (e.g., walk, bend, twist, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, push and pull) to handle or move objects weighing up to 50lbs. Occasionally operating hand-held appliance and simple machinery (industrial can opener, dough press, industrial dishwasher, etc.). Regularly operate a computer and other office equipment. Communicate and exchange information with co-workers and other individuals in person and electronically.
- High noise levels due to operations, customers, and overhead music (including, but not limited to, rock, punk, and alternative)
- May be indoor or outdoor setting depending on store (varied weather conditions are expected)
- Will work near moving or mechanical parts
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, and extended hours of business dictates
We make pizza so we can serve people
Click here to see a day in the life at MOD- https://vimeo.com/97852904
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Want to help us spread MODness™? Apply today!
MOD welcomes people from all backgrounds and walks of life, and it’s reflected in our largely diverse community of MOD Squaders. MOD is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. MOD recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates, and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Key words: Restaurant General Manager, GM, Store Manager, General Manager, Assistant General Manager, AGM, Restaurant Manager, Operations Manager, Team Leader