Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it's second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
Regional Business Manager supports the Foodservice division's sales initiatives for all product segments through sales agency management. The position fosters and enhances relationships with key operators and distributor customers. Training, motivating and holding our sales agencies accountable to defined performance criteria are essential elements of the position.
This person will be based in or around Orlando, FL and will primarily support the Southeast region.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Works to accomplish the company’s strategic initiatives – as identified by Foodservice Management
- Ability to collaboratively work together as a team with Division Manager, Segment Leads, other Perdue Associates and Sales Agency to accomplish overall goals
- Responsible for Operator account management and Distributor within Region
- Collaboratively develop written strategic and targeted plan for assigned region and each Sales Agency market within Territory. Focusing majority of time at the operator segment level to execute the Sales & Marketing Plan through the Sales Agency and distributor. Insures Perdue’s resources (Sales Management, Marketing, Product Managers, R & D and Inside Sales Representatives) are utilized effectively and efficiently
- Communicate complex issues and market conditions to internal management
- Trains and coaches Sales Agency personnel to a high degree of competence for our categories
- Evaluates the Sales Agency’s performance and formally communicates their performance to internal management and the management team of the agency
- Analyzes Volume, Price, Spend and Mix to maximize competitiveness & profit in designated market area
- Maintains high level of product knowledge, selling skills, presentations skills and time management
- Develops and manages programs for key customers. Conducts regular formal business reviews with each key customer
- Manages deviated pricing for all customers in assigned region to insure profitability
- Working relationship with key regional chain accounts in the territory
- Bachelors degree in a related field
- 10+ years related experience
- Should have an understanding of the basic fundamentals of the Foodservice industry, i.e., distribution, operators, brokers and product knowledge.
- Must be competent in the Microsoft Office suite, i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, as well as using a smartphone or similar handheld data devices.
- Prior experience should include management of multi-state agency regions; extensive knowledge of Foodservice distribution network, direct sales and experience at the operator level (face to face selling), exposure to sales training and sales processes.
- Should have experience in the development of strategic plans for driving sales at the distribution and operator level.
- Sales management, marketing planning and execution experience are also vital.
- Required to travel extensively including air travel in most weather conditions and occasionally requires weekend work.
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
Position travels extensively to a wide variety of offices, warehouses, and foodservice operations.
May need to move light equipment or supplies from one place to another.
May need to access files, supplies and equipment.
Admin work activity is in a ‘home office’
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.