Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it's second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
The Prince George Replenishment Center is currently seeking to fill 1 opening on their team for a Shipping Warehouse Lead Nights "C" shift. Interested candidates must meet the minimum requirements to qualify for an interview.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Has the overall responsibility for maintaining efficiencies and performance for all areas of warehouse operations, including, but not limited to: receiving, picking, palletizing, and shipping. Insure efficient start-up and shutdown of warehouse operations. Keep supervisors informed of material handling issues that may affect warehouse operations. Required to maintain inventory records completely and accurately. Train warehouse personnel in all aspects of efficient material/product handling in all areas of warehouse operations. Insure all associates, visitors, and contractors continually follow Safety and GMP procedures and practices. Also insure quality procedures and practices are being followed, including proper record maintenance. Perform other duties as assigned.
High School Education, GED or Equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Must have a strong work history, worked for one employer for at least 1 year within the past 3 years.
- Reading, writing, and math skills required.
- Must have demonstrated in their current and/or previous work experience, a possession of good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have ability to work as a positive team member, demonstrate a positive attitude and have a strong working knowledge of present production equipment and processes.
- Must have certification or become certified to operate all warehouse equipment.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation as specified in the job description available in Human Resources.
- Must be able to pass “fit test” by medical department for work in this department.
1 year of Leadership or Supervisory experience
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
When in a plant environment:
Exposure primarily consists of wet and moist floors which include metal and plastic grating surfaces.
May be exposed to temperatures of 28 degrees to 100 degrees Fahrenheit with both ambient and 100% humidity.
May handle product 25 degrees to 50 degrees Fahrenheit.
May be exposed to noise ranges of 50 db to 110 db.
May be exposed to dust, feathers and all chemicals used in poultry, food, processing facility.
Must wear and use protective and safety equipment required for the job as directed by the Company.
Occasional exposure to carbon dioxide vapors 10ppm and chlorine less than 20 ppm.
Able to stand for several hours.
Work may include lifting (up to 50 lbs), reaching, bending, pushing boxes on conveyor assembly.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.