No matter who you are or where you come from, you are welcome here. At MOD, we embrace individuality, support human growth, and recognize the value in second chances.
Every day and in every store, we create a culture where individual spirits are celebrated. And as part of MOD, you will be empowered to provide that same experience for every single customer that walks through the door.
We’re growing, with more than 400 locations across 28 states, and Canada. So we’re always looking for people who demonstrate what we call the 4G’s: Grit, Growth, Generosity, and Gratitude. You’ll help us create a positive social impact in your community, making MOD an exciting place to eat and a place where others are inspired to bring about change. We call it Spreading MODness®. Come be part of it.
The Facilities Manager will direct comprehensive facilities management services for multiple stores throughout our national market in a cost effective, and professional manner. This position supports our Operations teams by ensuring that all stores are properly maintained and in good working condition. They direct vendor selection, service dispatches, and provide coordination for all furniture, fixture, equipment repairs and maintenance, minor renovations, and other projects. The Facilities Managers coordinate with and report to senior Facilities Management. They regularly communicate with individual stores to resolve issues, impart best practices, and to ensure that the stores are following company standards.The Facilities Manager will direct comprehensive facilities management services for multiple stores throughout our national market in a cost effective, and professional manner. This position supports our Operations teams by ensuring that all stores are properly maintained and in good working condition. They direct vendor selection, service dispatches, and provide coordination for all furniture, fixture, equipment repairs and maintenance, minor renovations, and other projects. The Facilities Managers coordinate with and report to senior Facilities Management. They regularly communicate with individual stores to resolve issues, impart best practices, and to ensure that the stores are following company standards.
- Respond to general store service request as needed and coordinate work among vendors, and contractors. Ensure a cost effective and timely completion of all maintenance needs.
- Provide an immediate response to all critical emergency and or disaster concerns. Ensures a safe, and cost-effective resolution for all critical concerns.
- Direct and monitor facilities vendors’ performance at each property to ensure stores are maintained at the highest possible levels.
- Manage national & regional vendor contracts. Solicit and evaluate new vendor proposals and price quotes for the procurement of parts & services.
- Reviews the scheduling of all regular preventative maintenance programs and monitoring of all utilities and other systems to ensure efficient operation. Work to identify cost savings opportunities and implement savings initiatives
- Administer procurement of replacement furniture, parts, supplies and maintenance equipment as needed.
- Work with property owners/management on lease requirements and responsibilities to ensure compliance with the lease agreements.
- Support senior Facilities Management in developing ways and means to efficiently manage increasing workload and project requests as relates to the company’s rapid national growth.
- Be able to educate and coach store management on best practices for maintenance and repair, including policies and procedures as relates to life safety and budget controls.
- Build & maintain relationships within all regions, specifically store management and Operations leadership. Consistently provide leadership teams with timely communication on all projects & critical concerns.
- Work cross functionally with the Design, Construction, and Operations teams to develop specification changes that will drive operational efficiencies and cost savings.
- Aid in scheduling and executing all corporate roll-out projects and initiatives.
- 5+ years’ experience working in the facilities field, management experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of repair and preventative maintenance of facilities, preferably specific to food service.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to deal effectively with employee’s and vendors.
- Prefer prior experience with facilities service request software platforms.
- Regularly available on nights & weekends for emergency service requests.
Facilities work involves regularly positioning oneself (e.g., stand, walk, stoop, bend, twist, kneel, crouch) to handle or move objects weighing up to 60 lbs. or, on occasion, team lift objects weighing up to 75 lbs. Regularly operate a computer and other office equipment. Occasionally ascend or descend stairs or ladders. Communicate and exchange information with co-workers and other individuals in person or electronically. Regularly operate facilities equipment such as hand trucks, power tools and hand tools.
Want to help us spread MODness™? Apply today!
MOD welcomes people from all backgrounds and walks of life, and it’s reflected in our largely diverse community of MOD Squaders. MOD is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. MOD recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates, and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
This Job Description is not intended to be all-inclusive. We all may be assigned other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Key words: Restaurant General Manager, GM, Store Manager, General Manager, Assistant General Manager, AGM, Restaurant Manager, Operations Manager, Team Leader