WHO WE ARE:
RB is the world's leading consumer health and hygiene company. We work with the best people to challenge conventional thinking and keep giving people innovative solutions for healthier lives and happier homes, through our brands like Lysol, Spray’n Wash, Finish, Resolve, and Old English, just to name a few.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
A fantastic opportunity is available for a Maintenance Mechanic to join our St. Peters, MO Manufacturing team.
The starting rate for this position is up to $25+/hr (premium eligible for working alternate shifts). RB also offers outstanding benefits, including shift differential, 401(k), stock ownership, Medical/Dental choices, 12 paid holidays and 4 weeks’ vacation per calendar year.
The role of the Maintenance Mechanic is to maintain and repair building and plant equipment.
The Maintenance Mechanic is a potential development step for more senior maintenance or operations roles. A typical career progression may look like the following:
Maintenance Mechanic → Maintenance Team Leader → Maintenance TRM
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead and/or assist in the layout, installation, maintenance and repair of various automated high-speed packaging equipment and/or liquids/solids mixing equipment and associated piping and utility systems.
- Set up, adjust, maintain, and overhaul various types of intricate machines and equipment, including the ability to diagnose/troubleshoot and train others to do the same.
- Must perform proactive inspections of assigned areas of responsibility and recommend work orders for the completion of tasks which are needed in order to optimize equipment performance.
- Have general familiarity with electrical systems, and have the ability to differentiate electrical and mechanical malfunctions in equipment.
- Makes recommendations to the Maintenance Team Resource Manager for modification to existing procedures or equipment to improve overall reliability.
- Maintain good safety practices
- Able to read and understand complicated drawings and blue prints
- Ability to weld various structures is preferred
- Responsible for cleanliness and housekeeping of work area
- Maintain required paperwork associated with applicable regulations and equipment maintenance history
- Act as an emergency brigade for fires, searches, and/or evacuations as required as well as first aid responder
- Small hand tools, powered hand tools, wood and metal working equipment, gas and electric welding equipment.
The duties and responsibilities identified in this position description are considered essential but are not limited to only those outlined. The incumbent may perform other functions that may be assigned. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of this position at any time.