Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it's second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
The Gainesville, G.A. production facility is a fully-cooked, ready-to-eat, further processing facility within the Premium Prepared Foods division (no birds). We create products for consumers, retailers, and foodservice customers around the globe.
Maintains, services and performs repairs on equipment in order to ensure proper operation of production equipment and electrical systems. Usually works six days to seven days a week based on production needs.
This position is for 2nd Shift.
Sign On Bonus and Retention Bonus ($1,000.00)
Competitive Pay & Overtime
Excellent Benefits & 401k Options
Paid Holidays & Paid Time Off
PayActiv (ACCESS PAY BEFORE PAYDAY) Receive instant access to your earned wages and greater flexibility to pay your bills on your schedule
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Reads, interprets and understands manufacturers' equipment manuals, preventative (PM) task sheets and safety policies. Performs equipment adjustments and repairs, preventative maintenance and emergency breakdowns. Performs specific duties during both production and non-production hours in a timely manner with OSHA Lockout/Tagout and Company safety regulations. Monitors performance of equipment and informs maintenance and production supervisors of potential problems. Maintains log books by applying math skills through the equipment PM stages in order to calibrate machinery to performance standards.
High School or equivalent
0 -2 years. Reading, writing and analytical skills are required. Must have all personal tools and have the ability to learn to use and operate hand tools and industrial shop equipment.
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
- Position is active. On the plant floor activities such as troubleshooting and re-design of existing systems are routine.
- May need to move equipment occasionally.
- May need to access files, supplies and equipment.
- Position requires an associate to have the ability to move throughout the complex and all facilities.
- When in a plant environment:
- Exposure primarily consists of wet and moist floors which include metal and plastic grating surfaces.
- May be exposed to temperatures of 0 degrees to 100 degrees Fahrenheit with both ambient and 100% humidity.
- May handle product 25 degrees to 50 degrees Fahrenheit.
- May be exposed to noise ranges of 50 db to 110 db.
- May be exposed to all chemicals used in poultry, food, processing facility.
- Must wear and use protective and safety equipment required for the job as directed by the Company.
Forbes has named Perdue Farms a "Best Employer for Diversity" in 2020. We've been featured on the list two years in a row, and we're honored that Forbes recognizes our commitment to diversity and inclusion!
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.