Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it's second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
The purpose of the Supply Clerk is to provide service to plant associates and maintenance through the distribution of supplies; to provide the support necessary to ensure supplies are available at all times. Usually works five to six days a week ; overtime may be required based on production needs.
This is a first shift position.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Wait on service window; distribute supplies; provide information; complete all paperwork; resolve problems; provide assistance; excellent people skills.
- Data Entry; input purchase orders; input withdrawals; enter receiving; general office duties, including but not limited to filing.
- Provide support to ensure availability of supplies; count inventory; write purchase orders; physically receive in shipments (must be able to life 50lbs); unpack and put away incoming freight; requires the ability to use a hand cart and carton knives. Pick up supplies at local vendors as required
- Maintain the parts room inventory; organize, clean and count inventory in area assigned.
- Any other duties as needed and assigned by Manager.
- High School or equivalent
- Excelent data entry skills
- 2 years of experience
- Worked a minimum of 6 months of consecutive work history with one employer within the past 3 years.
- Inventory control
- Customer Service
- Experience in poultry processing/manufacturing environment preferred.
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
When in a plant environment:
Exposure primarily consists of wet and moist floors which include metal and plastic grating surfaces.
May be exposed to temperatures of 28 degrees to 100 degrees Fahrenheit with both ambient and 100% humidity.
May handle product 25 degrees to 50 degrees Fahrenheit.
May be exposed to noise ranges of 50 db to 110 db.
May be exposed to dust, feathers and all chemicals used in poultry, food, processing facility.
Must wear and use protective and safety equipment required for the job as directed by the Company.
Occasional exposure to carbon dioxide vapors 10ppm and chlorine less than 20 ppm.
Able to stand for several hours.
Work may include lifting (up to 50 lbs), reaching, bending, pushing boxes on conveyor assembly.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.