No matter who you are or where you come from, you are welcome here. At MOD, we embrace individuality, support human growth, and recognize the value in second chances.
Every day and in every store, we create a culture where individual spirits are celebrated. And as part of MOD, you will be empowered to provide that same experience for every single customer that walks through the door.
We’re growing, with more than 400 locations across 28 states, and Canada. So we’re always looking for people who demonstrate what we call the 4G’s: Grit, Growth, Generosity, and Gratitude. You’ll help us create a positive social impact in your community, making MOD an exciting place to eat and a place where others are inspired to bring about change. We call it Spreading MODness®. Come be part of it.
As a MOD Pizza Assistant General Manager, you directly impact the success of the MOD community by supporting the General Manager in executing store operations and leading the MOD Squad and Shift Leaders. You will work beside and watch over your MOD team in-order to build and maintain the MOD experience. Your objective is to live, guide, and demonstrate MOD Pizza’s purpose in all interactions with Squad and Customers.
We Engage & Inspire
- We have GRIT, GENEROSITY, GRATITUDE & GROWTH
- Connect with your GM! Be Passionate about the vision and be instilled with confidence
- Share your knowledge with others to encourage and champion operational success
- Celebrate store success with one another
We select and develop outstanding Squad members, All-Stars & Captains
- Interview potential new Squad members, provide feedback to GM, and work with GM to understand future needs
- After GM makes hiring decision, you coordinate onboarding and start a new Squad training as quickly as possible
- Hone your skills on understanding how important it is that every Squad member represents the MOD brand
- Recognize and help to develop leaders who are willing and able to succeed in their new role (Captains, All-Stars & Squad)
- Connect meaningfully with the Squad, inspire with a vision, instill confidence, guide them to make each other better, and share what’s going on in the store (weekly development of team with measured results)
- Recognize the Squad for their achievements and show how they bring value to MOD
We train and lead every MOD Squad
- Contribute to creation of a sustainable training system utilizing all of MOD’s training resources
- Model adherence to all food safety standards and procedures
- In coordination with GM, provide timely, honest feedback to the Squad, All-Stars, and newly hired squad
- Host great orientations, designate All-Stars, and facilitate cross-training
- Pair Squad in training and All-Stars together with enough time to effectively train
- Have continuous improvement mentoring moments with Squad (positive feedback on performance, opportunities for improvement, conflict resolution, having the tough conversations, and decisive decision making)
- Engage the Squad, build their confidence, reduce turnover, & build in check points
We deliver an excellent customer experience
- Work lunch, dinner and weekends to understand your business/customer trends/needs
- Set the example of what an excellent, memorable customer experience looks like showing MOD style – 4Gs
- Ensure the fundamentals of hospitality (Friendly, Attentive, Speed & Accuracy) are consistently executed throughout the day and week
- Ensure every Squad member is living the 5 Core Beliefs and the 4 Gs (Grit, Growth, Generosity & Gratitude)
- Mentor in the moment when standards are not being met and celebrate when they are!
- Be encouraging of your team even when the seas are rough. Celebrate successes!
- Support Squad with ensuring safe (food safety checks), delicious and consistent food quality
- Conduct a mini Blue-Print daily (OLO, Food, Ops Make Line, Hospitality & Prep) when GM is not present
We lead a successful business
- Follow all safety, security and cash handling modus operandi
- Execute marketing tactics in store (i.e. fundraisers)
- Lead the Squad to engage our customers in loyalty programs
- Support the Captains with understanding and managing to labor model
- Support the Squad with food, kitchen, and other costs through shrink management
- Inventory management, purchasing, and ordering
- Control other expenses
- Help drive sales through engaged Squad which leads to excellent customer experiences and customer loyalty
Key Responsibilities continued
LEARN FROM THE GM IN PREPARATION FOR YOUR OWN POTENTIAL ROLE AS A GM
- Sharpen your skills in performance management by learning from the GM, but not independently performing: Hiring, promotions, raises, terminations and creation and communication of weekly schedules
- Tenacious spirit for owning their own business
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years of dynamically responsible customer service experience in retail or restaurant environment
- College Degree in Business or related field (may substitute for a portion of the required experience)
- Strong communication skills and high level of accountability
- At least 1 year of leadership experience
As a member of our Squad, you will be working in a kitchen environment, rotating between front and back of house. This requires walking, bending, twisting, reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, pushing and pulling to handle or move objects weighing up to 50 pounds. You will also be asked to operate hand-held appliances and simple kitchen equipment (industrial can opener, dough press, industrial dishwasher, etc.). Depending on the location, you may need to go up and down stairs. The ability to communicate and exchange information with coworkers and others is also required. The ability to comply with all public health requirements, including wearing a mask, is required.
• High noise levels due to operations, customers and overhead music (including, but not limited to, rock, punk and alternative)
• May be indoor or outdoor setting depending on store (varied weather conditions are expected); including delivering order curbside to the customer
• Will work near moving or mechanical parts
• Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays and extended hours as business dictates
• Must be authorized to work in the United States
Want to help us spread MODness™? Apply today!
MOD welcomes people from all backgrounds and walks of life, and it’s reflected in our largely diverse community of MOD Squaders. MOD is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. MOD recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates, and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
This Job Description is not intended to be all-inclusive. We all may be assigned other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Key words: Restaurant General Manager, GM, Store Manager, General Manager, Assistant General Manager, AGM, Restaurant Manager, Operations Manager, Team Leader