Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $2.2B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
Checkr is looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer to join our engineering team. In this role you will work with your team to build new services and features and maintain existing features related to the lifecycle of our customers and accounts. We’re looking for a passionate engineer who takes pride in driving new features from inception through release and is excited about tackling complex problems.
- Collaborating with Product and Engineering to design and implement new product ideas
- Solving challenging and highly rewarding problems posed by Checkr’s largest customers
- Implementing new feature architectures and system designs on both the front-end and back-end
- Building, testing and releasing features across the entire stack
What you bring:
- A strong sense of ownership from feature design through production release
- A desire to collaborate with teammates and external stakeholders
- A desire to guide and mentor less experienced engineers
- Tenacious troubleshooting abilities
- Curiosity about data and familiarity with data driven decision making
- Experience integrating with third-party applications
- Experience creating, maintaining, and operating microservices
- Experience in securing and optimizing the applications you help create
- Experience developing platforms built using an asynchronous event-based architecture
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $106,250-$125,000.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.