Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it's second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
Installs, troubleshoots, repairs, modifies, rebuilds and performs preventive/predictive maintenance on all production machinery, automated and electrical systems.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Exhibits proficiency in performing regular adjustments, calibrations and repair work in response to department demands both during product and non-production hours.
2. Responds to emergency breakdowns and needs in a timely manner with OSHA Lockout/Tagout and Company safety regulations.
3. Responds to management concerns of equipment performance informing production supervisors or any necessary modifications or system malfunctions that would affect their area of operation now or in the future.
4. Maintains log books by applying math skills through the equipment PM stages in order to calibrate machinery to performance standards.
5. Provides "hands on" training and direction to lower level mechanics and techs in properly servicing, repairing and maintaining the equipment operated by the Company. May also have the responsibility of leading other mechanics and techs, monitoring their work, attendance, start-ups and set-ups.
High School or equivalent
2-4 plus years. Reading, writing and analytical skills are required. Must have all personal tools at all times and be able to use and operate hand tools and industrial shop equipment. Requires knowledge of math that relates to performing maintenance activities. Able to make correct calculations when completing mechanical, electrical or electronic maintenance repairs. Able to verify dimensions and diagrams for assembly, disassembly and troubleshooting purposes. Able to determine clearance of parts to ensure conformance to specification using precision measuring instruments.
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
1. Position is active. On the plant floor activities such as troubleshooting and re-design of existing systems are routine.
2. May need to move equipment occasionally.
3. May need to access files, supplies and equipment.
4. Position requires an associate to have the ability to move throughout the complex and all facilities.
5. When in a plant environment: Exposure primarily consists of wet and moist floors which include metal and plastic grating surfaces.
6. May be exposed to temperatures of 28 degrees to 100 degrees Fahrenheit with both ambient and 100% humidity.
7. May handle product 25 degrees to 50 degrees Fahrenheit.
8. May be exposed to noise ranges of 50 db to 110 db. May be exposed to all chemicals used in poultry, food, processing facility.
9. Must wear and use protective and safety equipment required for the job as directed by the Company.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.