CannaCraft is one of the largest and most recognized Cannabis companies in California. Our award-winning brand portfolio is the convergence of industry expertise, cutting-edge technology, and the belief that cannabis has the power to transform lives for the better. California’s most robust brand portfolio offers hundreds of cannabis products masterfully crafted by leading cannabis researchers and scientists. Our family of brands includes AbsoluteXtracts, Care By Design, Care By Design Hemp, Farmer and the Felon, HIFI Hops, Loud + Clear, and Satori.
The Senior Accountant will prepare financial reports to track the organization’s assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liabilities, and other related financial activities. Remote work is not available for this position.
- Oversees the preparation of periodic financial statements and the corporate annual report including footnotes.
- Ensures that financial reports comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards as appropriate.
- Assists external auditors and provides required statements and information for the annual audit.
- Reviews budget reports and assists other departments to prepare annual budgets.
- Coordinates the preparation of the corporate tax return.
- Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Complies with local, state, and federal government requirements.
- Identifies and recommends updates to accounting processes and procedures.
- Performs general cost accounting and other related duties in the accounting department.
- Prepares periodic (monthly) balance sheets, income statements, and profit and loss statements.
- Maintains the general ledger.
- Codes invoices, sets up new accounts, reconciles accounts, and closes the monthly books.
- Reconciles bank accounts at least monthly, verifies deposits, and addresses inquiries from banks.
- Reconciles customer accounts and manages accounts receivable collections.
- Verifies payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
- Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit.
- Files required tax forms with federal, state, and local government agencies.
- As appropriate, coordinates with software vendor to maintain accounting software system; recommends updates to enhance the accounting software.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting.
- Understanding of and ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Mastery of accounting software in an ERP environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Remote work is not available for this position.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline required.
- Five or more years of accounting experience required.
- Certified Public Accountant designation preferred.
- Experience in public accounting a plus.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We offer a competitive base salary and comprehensive medical, dental, vision benefits, plus PTO. Dog friendly work environment! We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.