Rope Profile: Forklift Operator
Reports to: Logistics and Inventory Manager
Business Unit: Manufacturing
TemperPack is a rapidly growing company based in Richmond, Virginia and Las Vegas, NV. We design and manufacture innovative, sustainable packaging components for cold-chain shipping of food and pharmaceutical products. The markets we serve have an urgent need for disruptive, sustainable alternatives to replace the wide array of non-sustainable packaging materials conventionally used in the cold-chain, such as Styrofoam coolers. Our aspiration is to provide packaging solutions that customers and end-consumers feel great about using.
Join a company that knows the value of its employees and works with you to develop your career goals. We are currently seeking a Forklift Operator to join the team at our Richmond, VA location.
As a Forklift Operator, you are responsible for supporting production by maintaining warehouse accuracy and being prompt with requests. It’s vital for Forklift Operators to be focused on safety while prioritizing a high volume of materials requests. It is essential that a Forklift Operator can work successfully, both independently and as part of a team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Operate a forklift to move/deliver materials to the production line.
- Read instructions to pick, sort, and process complete orders.
- Maintain clean docks and warehouse aisles by stacking material neatly and safely.
- Loading and unloading trucks by hand and using a forklift.
- Maintain a safe work environment by following safety rules and reporting unsafe conditions or instances.
- Notify the Supervisor of any mechanical or defective material issues.
- Warehouse/manufacturing experience
- Ability to obtain/maintain a forklift certification is required
- General user experience with computers is preferred
- High school diploma or GED