Perdue Transportation Incorporated (PTI) is the private fleet for Perdue Foods. With a team of safety-minded, professional drivers, we’re delivering on the promise of customer service and reliability. PTI is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it's second century of growth and innovation.
Operate Tractor –Trailer combination between Company/Customer facilities, in order to pick up and deliver freight in a legal, safe, timely, and efficient manner to include drop, hook, spot or otherwise interchange equipment for loading and unloading at various locations, as assigned. The expectation for this position, the driver will be away from home domicile for an extended period of time, unless otherwise directed by management. Driver is expected to perform above duties in a professional manner at all times as he/she is a representative of the Perdue Farms Brand.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Maneuver and deliver/backhaul truck loads of product and materials to plants, customers, and distributors as assigned.
2. Observe and maintain all Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements regarding hours of service, log book, vehicle inspections, load inspections, and securing load. To include utilizing electronic logging device (paper logs when needed), on board vehicle tracking system in efficient manner.
3. Operate a tractor and trailer in a legal/safe manner consistent with all Federal, State and Local laws, regulations, and Company policies. To include the utilization of all on board safety features.
4. Complete and submit all Company paperwork to include but not limited to manifest, bill of lading, proof of delivery pay envelopes, overage, shortage, damaged claims, and trip reports.
5. As assigned, the physical process of loading and unloading of product may be required.
6. Responsible for seal integrity and the reporting of an accurate /verified case count and condition of product during deliveries
Valid CDL License
High School Graduate or GED
Minimum Two years over the road Tractor/Trailer driving experience with refrigerated trailers preferred.
One Year over the road driving experience with degree from accredited driving school.
Strong communication skills.
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
1. Able to drive a tractor with a trailer.
2. Able to remain seated for extended periods of time up to the limits established by DOT regulations.
3. Able to sleep while another driver drives.
4. Able to withstand bouncing and vibration from truck and road conditions.
5. Able to lift boxes up to 100 pounds to load/unload products.
6. Exposed to fuel and oil spills.
7. Exposed to extreme temperatures (0-100 Degrees Fahrenheit), humidity, (0-100%) and noise (50db to 100db)
Required to travel to customers, distributors, plant facilities and other remote locations and will remain away from for home for extended periods of time up to 5 -7 days.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.