***Criminal Background Friendly Employer***
Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
SUMMARY This position will be responsible for managing the accounting activities for Perdue Premium Meat Co in accordance with GAAP and corporate accounting policies including timely and accurate financial reporting, operations analysis, capital planning and business forecasting. This position reports to the VP of Finance – Perdue Premium Meat Co.
PRINCIPAL AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Describe below the major responsibilities of this position which must be fulfilled with or without reasonable accommodations in order to achieve the essential purpose of this position.
1. Performs and reviews related cost and analytical reporting for specified business unity.
2. In accordance with the company accounting calendar, preparation of monthly closing activities for assigned areas of responsibility. Duties to include: inventory review and control, income statement account reviews and balance sheet account reconciliations.
3. Provides training and support to Accounting staff.
4. Supports activities related to annual capital, operating budgets, key initiative reporting, performance forecasts, scorecard comments, capital project review and approval.
5. Perform ad hoc reporting, analysis and research on various data as needed by management.
6. Provides accounting and analytical support to Senior Management. 7. Perform other tasks as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS (include any specialized or technical knowledge, certifications, credentials or licensing required for this position) REQUIRED: Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance plus 8 – 10 years related experience. PREFERRED: MBA, CPA or CMA
Perdue family of companies is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.