Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into its second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
We are looking for future Perdue leaders to join us! The Perdue Human Resources Management Trainee (MT) program provides college graduates relevant experience to acquire management skills (leadership, team building, interpersonal), technical skills (recruiting, safety/security, and dispute resolution) as well as contribute to the organization through projects to reduce turnover and absenteeism.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- The 12 month rotational program gives you exposure to various roles within the facilities you are assigned.
- Learn about the various areas of Human Resources within the industry.
- Travel with your Management Trainee Class to 3 Regional Trainings that include classroom training, social activities and philanthropy events.
- Hands-on leadership training and a path to a successful career with Perdue!
- Permanent placement in a full time position at the end of the program.
Graduating college is an amazing achievement and Perdue recognizes that top talent is in high demand. Our total
offer package includes:
- Competitive Starting Salaries
- Excellent Sign On Bonus
- Comprehensive Benefit Package
- Student Loan Repayment Program
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for establishing a working relationship with managers, supervisors and hourly production associates in the processing plant to foster an environment of cooperative progress.
- Creates and maintains an environment that is conducive to retaining associates.
- Consistently administers Company policies and procedures.
- Supports and promotes the Company's annual People, Products, Profitability and Planet goals through effective and efficient planning, communication and coaching, training and overall direction of the workforce.
- Creates and implements, with management approval, new ideas and methods to improve HR efficiencies.
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or a similar field.
- 3.25 GPA or higher preferred.
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university must be completed prior to beginning the 12 month program in June 2022
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
1. May need to move light equipment or supplies from one place to another. 2. May need to access files, supplies and equipment. 3. When in a plant environment: Exposure primarily consists of wet and moist floors which include metal and plastic grating surfaces. May be exposed to temperatures of 28 degrees to 100 degrees Fahrenheit with both ambient and 100% humidity. May handle product 25 degrees to 50 degrees Fahrenheit. May be exposed to noise ranges of 50 db to 110 db. May be exposed to all chemicals used in poultry, food, processing facility. Must wear and use protective and safety equipment required for the job as directed by the Company.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.