Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it's second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
This position is responsible for directing the logistic activities of our 2 international partners as well as guiding our international sales apparatus. Responsibility includes our customer order entry process, focusing on customer satisfaction-responsiveness and flexibility in resolving customer order issues within general business SOP’s and according to Perdue’s policies and procedures. This includes daily interaction with our customers as well as plant operations, logistics, international accounting, international sales, etc. Performs all responsibilities within established state, federal, and international laws and requirements.
Relocation packages are available for eligible candidates.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Administer/ follow best practices to produce, store, & ship protection for the international segment of our company. In terms of volume, 9-10% of our chicken products (approximately 340M lbs.) is exported annually.
- Manage sales order confirmations to ensure that we are able meet requirements. Report any issues/ concerns to the appropriate person(s) ASAP.
- Ensure that we follow all USDA/ FSIS requirements for international exports.
- Manage relationships with outside providers (Freight Forwarders, Inland Truckers, and Cold Storage Warehouses)
- Manage the logistic requirements for both our international partners as well as, our direct international transactions.
- Take the lead on price negotiations as well issues/ claims with steamship lines, NVOCC’s, and inland truckers; and keep up to date steamship line/ trucker rates posted on the portal.
- Handle communications including production needs with the demand & supply planning and operations groups. This is to be driven by price/ mix/ alternative option analytics. This would include commodity dark meat fresh and frozen sales.
- Manage customer orders ensuring timely entry of orders, correct pricing, and inventory supply within established goals.
- Coordinate documentation needs for international sales. Keep all parties involved for any problem resolutions.
- Conduct analyses of international logistics and provide routine and ad hoc reporting as required.
- Manage export freight variances, keeping within our established goal.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Education and Experience
BS Degree in Business Administration or Management (Logistics focus a plus), or similar field, with 6-8 years of relevant experience in the meat/protein category. Must have management experience with oversight of direct reports.
The Ideal candidate will have:
- Knowledge of International terms (Inco-terms) and export trading regulations.
- Understanding of International logistic and documentation requirements.
- Understanding of basic software applications.
- Strong communication, math, and analytical skills.
- Poultry Sales experience is a plus.
- Must be a self starter as well as have a strong affinity for teamwork.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast pace environment.
- Ability to prioritize tasks in order of deadline importance.
- Ability to realistically assess situations, ask specific/ targeted questions in order to recommend and follow through (do the math) to arrive at best decisions; as well as seek help and take direction from management when necessary.
- Ability to handle all tasks with diplomacy and enthusiasm.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including telephone/ written etiquette required – including an understanding/ interest to develop a rapport with international customers
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.