WHO WE ARE:
RB is the world's leading consumer health and hygiene company. We work with the best people to challenge conventional thinking and keep giving people innovative solutions for healthier lives and happier homes, through our brands like Lysol, Spray’n Wash, Finish, Resolve, and Old English, just to name a few.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
A fantastic opportunity is available for a Forklift Operator to join our St. Peters, MO Manufacturing team.
The starting rate for this position is up to $16/hr (premium eligible for working alternate shifts). RB also offers outstanding benefits, including shift differential, 401(k), stock ownership, Medical/Dental choices, 12 paid holidays and 4 weeks’ vacation per calendar year.
The Forklift Operator operates powered Lift Truck equipment to load, unload and move products, materials and equipment. This position works as a fully participating and effective member of a “Self-Managed” Logistics Team responsible to deliver World Class results in the key areas of Quality, Safety, Customer Service and Cost.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Report any unsafe conditions immediately
- Work in a safe manner, adhering to all safety rules
- Wear personal protective equipment as required
- Attend all required annual safety training
- Complete ‘Safe Start Sheet’ before every shift
- Complete/ fill out Forklift Inspection card
- Complete pre-loading inspection for trailer
- Responsible for cleanliness and housekeeping of assigned work area and equipment.
- Ensure all air hoses are retracted and not on the floor
- Scan for/correct any trip hazard, i.e. banding, shrink wrap, corrugate, broken pallet pieces, etc.
- Required to abide by all GMP requirements
- Follow daily production schedule and prioritize job duties ensuring assignments are completed
- Promotes a positive and productive team environment. Will constantly work toward team goals, achievements and recommend changes and improvements to achieve team goals.
- Perform other work as assigned by TRM.
- Able to create/print LPs
- Able to change shrink wrap/ corrugate items
- Able to remove completed FNG/Ingredient items from wrapper/ unitizer
- Able to load trailers in a safe manner with no damage and able to ‘scale out’.
- Able to receive pallets in from the LC/Workshop.
- Able to wrap, stack and load all ingredient items with no damage.
- Able to safely change and charge forklift batteries.
- Able to properly install and inflate air bag restraints
- The duties listed here are intended to reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements which may be inherent in any job assignment.
Technical Knowledge/Competencies/Education Requirements
- Minimum Education level: High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum Experience Required: None. Employees will be fully
- trained upon employment
- Completed Department Orientation(TM)
- Received Quality Systems Overview(TM)
- Understand and follow Packaging Work Instructions(TM)
- Successfully complete all annual quality/safety/HR/Department training
- Completed Material Handling Equipment Training Overview (TM)
- Data Entry skills – input performance data and interpret data to improve processes if needed. Must be able to use Master Controls, and other basic computer skills to complete daily assignment.
- Troubleshooting ability – safely diagnose and correct issues
- Forklift with push-pull attachment
- RF unit
- Utility knife
- Ink pen
- Air hose and nozzle for air bags
The duties and responsibilities identified in this position description are considered essential but are not limited to only those outlined. The incumbent may perform other functions that may be assigned. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of this position at any time.
- Must have high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum one (1) year-prior manufacturing related experience operating powered Lift Truck equipment in fast paced environment.
- Performs and practices good housekeeping
- Follows all applicable waste, scrap reduction and recycling guidelines
- Must have the ability to work any shift and function in a team-oriented environment.
- Must have strong communication skills and command of English, both verbal and written
- Knowledge of industrial safety procedures and regulations is a requirement.
- Experience using computers for data entry and reporting purposes
- Ability to sit for extended periods, reach overhead, bend or stoop, walk occasionally, grasp items with hands and lift up to 40 pounds.
- Vacation. We offer 4 weeks’ vacation, 9 core Holidays and 4 floating days.
- Maternity Leave. 16 weeks paid Maternity leave.
- Pay. Competitive base salaries and bonuses.
- Tuition reimbursement. RB offers tuition reimbursement for relevant coursework; including certifications!
- Fast paced. Tired of having to jump through endless hoops to get things done? Not here. We move fast and deliver.
- Growth. Frustrated by the lack of growth opportunities in your current company? Not here! RB takes pride in the development and continued growth of our employees through steady rotations and promotions.
- Autonomy. RB empowers you to OWN what you do.
- Iconic Global Brands. http://bit.ly/RBNABrands
- Feel good about the company you work for! RB is committed to making the world a better place. http://bit.ly/rbsustainability
- Work with smart people. We have a talented workforce that believes in sharing ideas to help each other, and the company succeed.
In Return RB offer very competitive salaries with excellent benefits and the chance to progress your career!
Don’t delay your next move & apply today!