Founded in 2014, APDS’s mission is to prepare every justice-impacted individual for a living wage job. APDS is the career readiness platform for all justice impacted individuals to attain a living wage job. APDS has proven success through its “Whole Human Framework” which is a proprietary curriculum delivering assessments and plans that motivate, engage, educate, and equip these individuals in their pursuit to empower themselves and strengthen society. APDS leverages innovative technology to create a managed learning environment that fosters growth and certifies career-readiness.
APDS is a Public Benefit Corporation (PBC) and certified B-Corporation, with a business model that never charges incarcerated individuals or their friends and families for its technology or services. Currently, APDS products and services are deployed in over 150+ facilities across 17 states -- and growing.
The Product Manager will own key elements of strategy, execution, delivery, and growth for APDS’s platform that will accelerate APDS’s position as the transformative provider of digital programming services for justice-involved individuals. The product manager will report to the Director of Product and work closely with sales, development, implementation, and support teams to analyze, define and manage product development. The Product Manager will ensure that APDS prioritizes, builds, and delivers our product suite in a cohesive and timely manner to create growth and traction of our solution in Departments of Corrections, Jails, Parole, Probation, and alternatives to incarceration across the country.
APDS is growing and we are looking for an experienced manager to roll up their sleeves to achieve the following outcomes:
1. Synthesize and refine the product strategy resulting in a robust product roadmap with clear timelines and delivery dates for all stakeholders
2. Drive the overall product roadmap that results in significant increases in product adoption and renewal
3. Expand and refine the product offering to increase engagement and measurable outcomes from use of the APDS platform
• Drive the product life cycle for assigned product(s), managing a dynamic product roadmap that is responsive to the market opportunities and disciplined in achieving our longer-term product vision
• Develop high-quality documentation, including requirements, release notes, product training, user support, and sales support materials
• Work closely with Departments of Corrections and incarcerated learners to understand their requirements and needs and to communicate APDS’s product vision
• Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of the platform
• Define, prioritize, and release user product features in the form of user stories, requirements, and specifications
• Continually develop and refine an understanding of the market, end user, and customer needs
• Collaborate with Technology teams to develop products on tight delivery schedules
• Collaborate with other product teammates in feature definition, cross-product planning, and joint release planning
• Support go-to-market activities including launch planning
Qualifications and Experience
• 2+ years in B2B/enterprise Product Management with proven track-record in end-to-end management of bringing new value to market, including market analysis, ROI assessment, requirements development, product delivery, marketing development, sales alignment, and support
• Exceptional judgment in weighing the tradeoffs among time to market, budget, and product features that maximizes ROI
• Proven success working with and delivering to enterprise customers and/or large public jurisdictions (e.g., Departments of Education, Departments of Correction, or other public safety jurisdictions) with a focus on data integration, tracking, and reporting
• Very strong customer-facing communication, written and verbal
• Excellent project management skills, particularly the ability to handle multiple priorities, stakeholders and workstreams
• Experience and understanding of education in a correctional context preferred but not required
• Experience managing education platforms (e.g., learning management systems, student information systems, educational assessment and/or analytical systems) preferred but not required
Location and Travel
• New York City or remote.
• Travel: 2-3 times per quarter (post-COVID).
Additional travel may be required for applicants outside of NYC.
Salary and Benefits
• ADPS offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience and a generous benefits package.
• Salary Range $90-100k
Basic Expectations for all APDS Employees
• Belief in APDS’s mission to reduce recidivism and improve the life chances of incarcerated learners and returning citizens
• Be on time for work; notify appropriate people if you will not be at work during your regular schedule.
• Be on time for meetings with staff and clients.
• Follow up on things on your plate; don’t expect others to remind you. Trust others to do the same.
• Take initiative if you realize something needs to be taken care of. We are a team; either do it yourself or communicate with someone else about it.
• Clear, concise, and timely communication is essential.
• Respond to emails and voicemails promptly.
Equal Opportunity Employer as an Equal Opportunity Employer, APDS is committed to creating a workplace that respects and values diversity of cultural, ethnic, and experiential backgrounds. We strongly encourage candidates who represent the communities we serve to apply