Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it's second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
Responsible for all activities necessary to run the R&D Kitchens. Primary responsibilities of the kitchens include: Maintenance, cleanliness and food safety adherence of kitchen space and storage areas. Product cooking procedure development, acquiring supplies and scheduling for areas within Innovation Center. This position will also coordinate and prepare products for customer evaluation meetings.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assures that procedures are in place for consistent, professional, and safe presentation of food.
- Keeps overall kitchen space and storage areas clean.
- Organizes and restocks kitchens, walk in’s and storage room following FIFO procedures.
- Follow temperature guidelines for cooking, chilling and holding.
- Keeps all food areas up to standard for potential health department inspections and follow guidelines for any corrective actions needed to bring kitchens back to correct policy.
- Maintains all kitchen equipment including preventative maintenance on equipment by local service.
- Calibrates ovens, deliming, overall workability.
- Acquires ingredients needed for kitchen, chefs or food scientist.
- Schedules of kitchens and rooms for activities through email and outlook calendar.
- Validates product usage instructions and recipes for Perdue products.
- Prepares food and coordinate cuttings, evaluations, and demonstrations for associates and customers
- Occasional support for Sensory department
- Receit of invoices through Maximo and forward to accounting for payment.
- Maintains PO balances for vendors that are used by the culinary group.
- Prepares expense reports for company purchasing card and T&E card.
- Stays up to date with consumer trends relevant to in-home food preparation and culinary preferences.
- High School Diploma
- Culinary trade school or technical school
- Knowledge of food service and consumer in-home kitchen practices.
- Ability to maintain kitchen equipment and prepare food in a consistent manner.
- Knowledge of safe food handling practices / preferred Serv Safe Food Handler certified.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
- ServSafe Food Handler Certification.
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
General work environment is a food service/retail/Corporate kitchen which requires lifting, standing for extended time and exposure to walk-in freezer/cooler conditions as well as working over food fryers and heat generating appliances. May need to move light equipment or supplies from one place to another. May need to access files, supplies and equipment.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.