Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it's second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
The Part Time Medical Assistant will assists the nurse(s) by carrying out tasks not requiring licensure; enhances patient flow through the medical office by delivering quality care and support under the health care professional’s directions. CMA or LPN level can be considered for this role.
This person will work 7:30am-4:00pm three days a week plus call in coverage. Must have flexibility to work on the weekends.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs clerical tasks, e.g., filing, telephone answering, scheduling of doctor’s visits and referrals. Enters data into OHM (Occupational Health Management) system.
- Establishes and maintains medical records and prepares patients for treatment by physicians, nurse practitioners, and/or nurses. Schedules and follows up on test results, procedures, referrals, etc. to ensure appropriate health care.
- Obtains clinical specimens (blood, urine, etc.) and process for testing. Training in phlebotomy can be provided if deemed necessary by supervisor.
- Applies medical treatments, including but not limited to splints, wraps, etc. under the direction of a healthcare provider. Performs blood pressure checks, blood sugar checks, urine drug screens and dipsticks also under the direction of healthcare provider.
- Assists staff with systems for health improvement of associates at the facility, i.e. participation in and support with HIP.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Successful completion of an approved practical nursing program or college program or AA degree in a related field. (for LPN level)
- 0- 2 years experience.
- Certificate for completion of course for Nursing Assistant, Medical Assistant and/or Emergency Medical Technician or one year's experience as Nursing Assistant, Medical Assistant or EMT can be substituted for other work experience.
- Phlebotomy certification desirable.
- Training in phlebotomy can be provided if deemed necessary by supervisor.
- Computer experience.
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
Position is mostly sedentary but may require occasional moving to other offices or buildings.
May need to move light equipment or supplies from one place to another.
May need to access files, supplies and equipment.
Work activity is generally in an office, clinical environment.
When in a plant environment:
Exposure primarily consists of wet and moist floors which include metal and plastic grating surfaces.
May be exposed to temperatures of 28 degrees to 100 degrees Fahrenheit with both ambient and 100% humidity.
May handle product 25 degrees to 50 degrees Fahrenheit.
May be exposed to noise ranges of 50 db to 110 db.
May be exposed to all chemicals used in poultry, food, processing facility.
Must wear and use protective and safety equipment required for the job as directed
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.