Perdue AgriBusiness is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it's second century of growth and innovation. An international agricultural products and services company, we handle agricultural commodities and have a diverse portfolio of products and businesses.
Perdue AgriBusiness is seeking a Soy Crush Operator at our Bainbridge, PA facility. This position will safely operate grain handling and oilseed production equipment, meeting the quality and productivity requirements that ensure on time supply of safe products to the customer.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs all work within safety and environmental guidelines established by local, state, and federal agencies as well as company policies.
- Conducts quality and food safety checks, as established by company policies and procedures.
- Safely starts up, operates and shut down soybean processing equipment, including plant operations equipment as well as loading trucks of products for customers.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance and basic troubleshooting on operating equipment.
- Performs general labor, housekeeping and sanitation responsibilities as required.
- Maintains daily records and logs
High school or equivalent
0 -2 years experience. Strong reading, writing, math and analytical skills. Lift truck license.
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
Able to move freely throughout the AgiBusiness facilities to include climbing vertical heights (0 - 150'), walking on elevated bar-grating platforms, carrying tools and equipment (0 -50 lbs), exposure to extreme temperatures (0-100 degree Fahrenheit), humidity (0 - 100%), noise (50db to 100db) and chemical (MSDS sheets available). Must be able to wear protective equipment to include self-contained breathing apparatus, hard hat, safety glasses, protective footwear and other PPE as required. Required to occasionally travel to remote AgriBusiness facilities.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.