Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it's second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
The Regional Nurse Manager operates under guidance from Corporate Medical Management, and in addition to responsibilities as Wellness Center Nursing Supervisor at home facility, monitors, directs, administers, and maintains policies and procedures in assigned regional area.
This person will be based out of Accomac, VA facility and is responsible for the following site locations: Milford DE. Georgetown DE, Salisbury MD and Prince George VA
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages Wellness Center staff and function to ensure quality nursing practice, patient interaction and treatment, and control costs through strategic, tactical planning and growth at home facility. Develops and monitors budgets of Occupational Health and Workers’ Compensation in area of practice.
- Administers and maintains Occupational Health programs consistent with Company policies and procedures to include federal and state recordkeeping related to OSHA, Workers’ Compensation, post-offer physicals, integrated disability management, etc. as established by customer supplier agreements. Collaborates with management and the Occupational Health staff at each location in assigned region to carry out objectives of Occupational Health programs.
- Determines staffing requirements in assigned area and participates in recruitment, selection and training. Develops and promotes opportunities for professional development and continuing education of staff.
- Oversees the quality assurance component of the Occupational Health and Workers’ Compensation departments through audit process. Conducts coaching sessions and provides performance appraisals for Nursing Supervisors with input from HR, Operations and Corporate Medical Department.
- Establishes and maintains systems to improve health of associates and dependents through direct provision of medical care efficiently and appropriately delivered, e.g. HIP (Health Improvement Program), health and wellness programs, annual health fairs, etc.
- Bachelors degree or graduation from an accredited school or nursing.
- RN required.
- Current, active, unrestricted license for professional nursing in the state of practice.
- Certification in and/or experience with Occupational Health nursing and/or case management, or medical office management.
- 5 plus years experience. Must be able to travel to other company facilities.
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
Position is mostly sedentary but may require occasional moving to other offices or buildings. May need to move light equipment or supplies from one place to another. May need to access files, supplies and equipment. Work activity is in an office, clinical environment.
When in a plant environment:
Exposure primarily consists of wet and moist floors which include metal and plastic grating surfaces. May be exposed to temperatures of 28 degrees to 100 degrees Fahrenheit with both ambient and 100% humidity. May handle product 25 degrees to 50 degrees Fahrenheit. May be exposed to noise ranges of 50 db to 110 db. May be exposed to all chemicals used in poultry, food, processing facility. Must wear and use protective and safety equipment required for the job as directed by the Company
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.